Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 3 of 112 2000 Records Found

Aerographing.

Pottery factory interior with a view of women aerographing. They are using pneumatic airbrushes. Possibly taken at the Gladstone China, Uttoxeter Road, Stoke-on-Trent. Aerography was the mechanical ...

Aitken Street, Dalehall, Middleport

Aitken Street is a short street off Ellgreave Street in the Dalehall area of Middleport. There are two ceramics related factories in the photograph: Repton Tiles and Ellgreave Pottery (on the right). Repton ...

Albert Street Pottery, Hobson Street, Burslem.

The camera is looking northwards along Hobson Street in Burslem. The works on the right (Albert Potteries) is now part of the Dudson Group, manufacturing Armorlite tableware. Hobson Street was originally ...

Albert Terrace, Wolstanton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Albert Terrace, Wolstanton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Albert Terrace, Wolstanton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Albert Terrace, Wolstanton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The scene includes a child holding a basket. A horse and cart can be seen in the background.

Albion Square from Lichfield Street, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the northern end of Lichfield Street looking across Albion Square towards Stafford Street (left) and Tontine Street (right). Albion Street is going the left edge. Pedestrianisation ...

Albion Street and Normacot Road, Longton

Albion Street was renamed Morpeth Street in the 1950s.

Albion Street, Longton

Albion Street under demolition. Photograph taken looking towards St. James's Schools.

Albion Street, Longton

Looking South towards Normacot Road. The houses are being demolished. Albion Street was renamed Morpeth Street in the 1950s.

Albion Street, Longton

Derilict property on Albion Street, Longton. Photograph taken from Normacot Road.

Alexandra Mill, Wardle Street, Tunstall

The Alexandra Mill was a flint and stone mill linked to Johnson Brothers (Hanley) Alexandra Pottery. This is the entrance at the bottom of Wardle Street formerly Meadow Street. Behind the mill were sidings ...

Alfred Meakins pottery factory, Hollywall Lane, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Alfred Meakins opened their factory off Hollywall Lane in 1957. The site was originally part of the Williamson estate which was sold off in the 1950s of which Meakins purchased 150 acres. Robert Williamson ...

Alfred Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery, Tunstall

Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery was on Tunstall High Street occupying the land between Bank Street and Parsonage Street. The photograph is looking south along High Street. Meakin's took over an existing ...

Alhambra Cinema, Longton

Built in 1914 by T C Wild, a Longton pottery owner and future Lord Mayor of Stoke-on-Trent, the Alhambra picture house stood on Upper Normacot Road at the corner of Herbert Road (off to the right). Spring ...

Alhambra Picture House, Normacot

The Alhambra picture house stood on Upper Normacot Road. It was built in 1914 by T. C. Wild, a Longton pottery owner, later Lord Mayor of Stoke-on-Trent. The cinema closed in 1977, and stood derelict ...

Alistair Road, Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view west along Alistair Road from its junction with Kensington Road. The area was open land in 1900. By 1924 the terraced houses on the right had been built and the other side was filled in by 1937 ...

All Saints Church, Dilhorne

Photograph taken from outside the Colliers Arms pub, at the junction of Caverswall Road and Forsbrook Road. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part ...

Alley off Hope Street, Hanley

This is an alley running off Hope Street in Hanley leading to the New Hall Pottery works. This alleyway is marked on the 1880 O.S. map. and the surrounding housing and works buildings are earlier. The ...