Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 9 153 Records Found

Classroom scene, Normacot

Possibly Normacot C.E. Infants' School, Meir Road, Normacot. The school opened in 1853, with new buildings in 1876, and a new infants' school in 1895. All the new buildings were demolished in about ...

Cobridge R.C. First & Middle School, Waterloo Road, Burslem

This building is four rooms wide by two rooms deep and has three gables to the front. There is a stone medallion on the central gable with the inscription 'St. Peter's School', which it was previously ...

Date tablet, Harpfields Junior School, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

Harpfields County Junior School opened in 1872 in corrugated iron buildings. It was originally Kingscroft Board School and the buildings in the photograph opened in 1875. Sited on the corner of Palmers ...

Dogcroft Road, Chell Heath, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from close to the junction of Dogcroft Road and Chell Heath Road. The camera is looking north eastwards along Dogcroft Road towards Ball Green. On the higher ground to the right ...

Fenton Board School, King Street, Fenton

Previously known as Market Street Board School, this infants' and junior school was established in 1872, with the buildings in the photograph opened in 1878. The school later became Glebe County Infants' ...

Fenton Board School, King Street, Fenton

Details of windows, tiles and brickwork on the front of the Fenton Board School on King Street, near Victoria Square. Originally known as the Market street Board School, the buildings housed both infants ...

Fenton Engineering Technical School

The Honours List at the former Athenaeum building, covering the years 1914 to 1925. Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in ...

Fenton School of Art

Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in 1853 and stood on the corner of Church Street (now Christchurch Street) and High Street ...

Flash Lane Nursery School, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

The nursery school in Flash Lane was built in the late 1940s or early 1950s, with babies' bibs drying on the wooden clothes horses. This is the main entrance off Flash Lane. It is one of a number of pre ...

Forster Street, Tunstall

The camera is looking south east along Forster Street towards Tower Square and the photograph was taken from the Roundwell Street corner. The large building on the right is Forster Street School. The ...

Greasley Road, Abbey Hulton

The present Abbey Hill School under construction in 1964. Built originally as a Special School it is now part of the Special Schools Co-operative Trust. The school occupies a site at the south eastern ...

Greenway Hall Road, Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north west from Greenway Hall Road over Norton Green towards the waste tip at Chatterley Whitfield. In the bottom right hand corner are the buildings of Greenways Primary School and in the left ...

Grenville Pottery, Tunstall

Grenville Pottery was between Watergate Street and George Street in Tunstall in, roughly, the area now occupied by St Mary's Church of England Primary School. The photograph was taken looking northwards ...

Grove Secondary School, Northwood, Hanley

Grove Secondary School is on Keelings Road between Turner Street (in the photograph) and Myatt Street (to the left, out of shot). The school arose out of the reorganisation of city schools in 1932, using ...

Hamilton Infants School, Birches Head, Hanley

Hamilton Infants School, founded in 1913, is on Barthomley Road (formerly Hamilton Road) in Birches Head. The buildings in the foreground have been demolished and a new school built. In the background ...

Hanford & Trentham Primary School, Hanford

The classroom buildings on the south east side of the former Hanford and Trentham Primary School, later the Priory Church of England Primary School. The photograph was taken from the end of Jubilee Road....

Hanford School, Church Lane, Hanford.

This building was originally a church but is currently used as a Youth and Adult Centre and library. It was constructed between 1832 and 1878. This photograph shows the front view of the school.

Hanford School, Church Lane, Hanford.

This building was originally constructed as a church between 1832 and 1878. It is now used as a Youth and Adult Centre and library. This photograph shows a side view of the building including the bell ...