Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 9 149 Records Found

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south towards Stoke Station from the up side platform at Etruria Station. The tank engine is on the down line heading towards Kidsgrove. To the right is Twyford's Etruria Works and ...

Fairy flax, or Linum catharticum

This plant, which can reach a height of 25cm, can be found growing on calcareous grassland, and flowers between June and September. "Calcareous" grasslands are areas where the grass grows on soils ...

Fegg Hayes Road and Chatterley Whitfield Colliery, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking east along Fegg Hayes Road towards Chatterley Whitfield Colliery. Oxford Road is at the end. Fegg Hayes Road was originally called North Parade. On the right edge is the entrance to the Lear ...

Fenton Manor marlpit, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking southwest over the marl pit towards Boothen. On the extreme right hand edge of the photograph are two of the floodlight pylons at the old Stoke City Victoria ground. ...

Ford Green Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east along Ford Green Road from near the junction with Chetwynd Street (on the right). Ford Green station, on the Biddulph Vallley branch, is just to the left of the level crossing gates ...

Forsbrook Village. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Forsbrook, Staffordshire.

Fowlea Brook, Longbridge Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

The view south from the bridge over the Fowlea Brook just north of Longport Station. At this point the Stoke on Trent City boundary runs along the brook: to the right is Newcastle under Lyme. On the ...

Gorse, or Ulex europaeus

Gorse (also known as whin or furze), is easily spotted across North Staffordshire's rough pastures and heaths. At up to 2 metres high and with a vivid yellow bloom between March and June, you may well ...

Gravelly Bank, Lightwood. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Gravelly Bank, Lightwood, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Gravelly Bank, Lightwood. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Gravelly Bank, Lightwood, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas ...

Greater Stitchwort, or Stellaria holostea

This plant is a common perennial, appearing on woods and hedgebanks. This specimen was found at Whitmore, in Staffordshire, by local naturalist Eric Edees, during the spring of 1946. About this ...

Grimwade's Winton Pottery, Stoke on Trent

The buildings with the bottle ovens belong to Grimwade's Winton Pottery. The kilns have been demolished and the site of the factory redeveloped. To the left are the backs of terraced houses on Newlands ...

Grove Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking eastwards along Grove Road from the old entrance to Kemball/Stafford Colliery. On the right are the offices of the Midlands Electricity Board and beyond, Heron Cross ...

Grove Road, Fenton

The view west along Grove Road from the entrance to the old Kemball/Stafford Colliery. This is now light industry and commerce. The A50 now runs just off the left of the photograph. The black and white ...

Hanford roundabout, Stoke-on-Trent

The road ahead is the link road to the M6 (A5006) from the roundabout junction with the A34 at Hanford. The roundabout was opened in 1962. Stone Road (A34) goes off to the left whilst the A500 (Queensway) ...

Hanley and Shelton from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph was taken from the end of Vicarage Road, at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. Looking north east, the tower in the middle of the photograph is St Mark's Church in Shelton, ...

Hanley Station

Hanley Station was just north of Trinity Street, alongside the old Grand Hotel. This the second Hanley Station, built when the loop line was extended to Burslem in 1873. The first was just south of Trinity ...

Hartshill railway station, Stoke-on-Trent

A photograph taken from a wagon in the siding at Hartshill and Basford Halt. The camera is looking west towards the mouth of the tunnel taking the line to Newcastle. The station, opened in 1905, was on ...