Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > Educational Buildings & Grounds

Refine By Selecting a Sub Theme

Colleges(30)Schools(153)Universities(5)
Page 3 of 11 192 Records Found

Carmountside Junior High School, Abbey Hulton

The north side of Carmountside Junipor High School. This was formerly Carmountside County Secondary School opened in 1938. The view is from Leek Road. The school occupied part of the site of the medieval ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Abbey Hulton.

The "New" front to Carmountside Junior High School with the clock tower on the north side. The school opened in 1938 as Carmountside County Secondary School. It was built on part of the site of Hulton ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Beard Grove, Abbey Hulton

The main (front) entrance to Carmountside Junior High School, formerly Carmountside County Secondary School, opened in 1938. The buildings on Beard Grove occupied part of the the site of the former Hulton ...

Central Science School, Stoke-on-Trent. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Central Science School, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The school was built in 1914. This is now houses Staffordshire University's Thompson Library on College Road.

Chatterley Whitfield and Fegg Hayes from Burslem Golf Course

The view north east from Burslem Golf Course towards Chell Heath, Fegg Hayes and Chatterley Whitfield spoil tip. To the right in front of the spoil tip is Burnwood School.

Checkley School. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Hutchinson Memorial School, Uttoxeter Road, Checkley, Staffordshire. It was built in 1879.

Chell Heath Road Schools, Bradeley, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the side of the combined infants and secondary school in Bradeley, on Chell Heath Road. Bradeley County Infants School was opened in 1900 and reorganised into a combined infants and ...

Chell Junior High School, Stoke-on-Trent

The playing fields of Chell Junior High School. Taken in May, the cricket season has just begun, with the practice nets in use. Chell County Secondary School on St Michael's Lane was built in 1940 ...

City Road, Fenton

This was the view from the corner of City road and Glebedale Road (previously Station Road) towards the junction at Victoria Square in Fenton in the 1960s. On the right is the entrance to Fenton Vicarage, ...

Classroom scene, Normacot

Possibly Normacot C.E. Infants' School, Meir Road, Normacot. The school opened in 1853, with new buildings in 1876, and a new infants' school in 1895. All the new buildings were demolished in about ...

Cobridge R.C. First & Middle School, Waterloo Road, Burslem

This building is four rooms wide by two rooms deep and has three gables to the front. There is a stone medallion on the central gable with the inscription 'St. Peter's School', which it was previously ...

Date tablet, Harpfields Junior School, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

Harpfields County Junior School opened in 1872 in corrugated iron buildings. It was originally Kingscroft Board School and the buildings in the photograph opened in 1875. Sited on the corner of Palmers ...

Decorated plates and cups

Possibly made at Fenton School of Art. Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in 1853 and stood on the corner of Church Street ...

Dogcroft Road, Chell Heath, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from close to the junction of Dogcroft Road and Chell Heath Road. The camera is looking north eastwards along Dogcroft Road towards Ball Green. On the higher ground to the right ...

Earthenware figure group, Burslem School of Art

Figure group. 1934.P.135. c. 1935-1939. Under glaze painted earthenware. H : 105 mm, L : 100 mm. Earthenware figure group. Depicting 'Hill Billies'. The group consists of three seated men, one playing ...

Fenton Board School, King Street, Fenton

Details of windows, tiles and brickwork on the front of the Fenton Board School on King Street, near Victoria Square. Originally known as the Market street Board School, the buildings housed both infants ...

Fenton Board School, King Street, Fenton

Previously known as Market Street Board School, this infants' and junior school was established in 1872, with the buildings in the photograph opened in 1878. The school later became Glebe County Infants' ...

Fenton Engineering Technical School

The Honours List at the former Athenaeum building, covering the years 1914 to 1925. Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in ...