Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 6 99 Records Found

Longport Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Longport Station was opened by the North Staffordshire Railway in 1848 but was named Burslem station. It became Longport in 1873 when Burslem station on the Loop Line opened. This is the view north from ...

Longton Railway Station

Longton railway station looking east towards the iron bridge crossing the north end of Times Square. The station lies on the Crewe to Derby via Stoke line and was opened as part of the North Staffordshire ...

Longton Railway Station

An aerial photograph taken on the 22 September 1961 from the top of Harvey’s chimney shows a steam locomotive leaving Longton Railway Station. Longton Station opened on the Crewe-Derby line of the North ...

Longton Railway Station and Bridge

This photograph was taken from Times Square, looking towards Longton railway Station and the bridge over King Street. The station was built on an embankment with a cantilever bridge carrying the line ...

Longton Station

The Phoenix Pottery Works seen from the platform of Longton Station, looking west towards Fenton. Phoenix Pottery was operated by Thomas Forester, specialising in majolica, from the 1880s. The chimney ...

Longton Station and the Phoenix Works, Longton

Longton Station in the foreground with the old Phoenix Pottery building behind and the tower of St John The Baptist Church (demolished in 1979) beyond that. The station, opened in 1848, is on an embankment. ...

Longton Station, Baths Road, Longton

Longton Station was opened in August 1848 and stood on the Crewe-Derby line of the North Staffordshire Railway.

Milton Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The view north long the railway from the single platform of Milton Station towards the bridge carrying Leek New Road (A53) over the line. This is the old North Staffordshire Railway branch line from Stoke ...

Normacot Station

A commercial postcard showing a North Staffordshire Railway train at Normacot Station, looking towards Derby. Normacot Station stood on the N.S.R. Uttoxeter branch line and was opened in 1882. It closed ...

Normacot Station

The station house is on the left. Normacot Station stood on the N.S.R. Uttoxeter branch line and was opened in 1882. It closed to goods in October 1961 and to passengers in March 1964, and has since ...

Normacot Station

Photograph taken from the old railway bridge (now demolished). The station can be seen faintly in the distance. Normacot Station stood on the N.S.R. Uttoxeter branch line and was opened in 1882. It closed ...

Normacot tunnel, Meir

The photograph shows the eastern end of Normacot tunnel near Meir Station. The railway is the Crewe to Derby line via Stoke. The houses running across above tunnel are on Station View and Meir Station ...

Oakamoor railway station

Oakamoor railway station lies disused and overgrown in summer 1973. Designed by A.W.N. Pugin, this style of architecture was a signature of the North Staffordshire Railway. Varying examples of outstanding ...

Oakamoor railway station

Members of British Railways' staff go to work with some heavy luggage at Oakamoor station, while the passenger in the background, Ivan Bentley, looks on. Mr Ivan Bentley was the Permanent Way Forman for ...

Oakamoor railway station

Oakamoor railway station, pictured during the 1950s. Designed by A.W.N. Pugin, this style of architecture was a signature of the North Staffordshire Railway. Varying examples of outstanding NSR ...

Oakamoor railway station

A member of British Railway staff, Mrs Rita Ecclestone, Clerk and Porter at Oakamoor Station, taking a moment's ease at Oakamoor station during the 1950s. This station was in a delightful setting, deep ...

Oakamoor station porter

The porter Mr Gordon Brough at Oakamoor station in 1957. This image is included by kind permission of the Churnet Valley Railway.

Oakamoor Station. Circa 1958.

The station porter Mrs. Rita Ecclestone has a go at bike riding on the "down" platform of Oakamoor Station during an obvious lull in traffic! Those carefree days of the commuter seem a long way off ...