Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 5 80 Records Found

Nantwich Churches Mansions 1451. Photographed by William Blake.

View of an antique shop housed in Churches Mansion, Hospital Street, Nantwich, Cheshire. This building is a typical example of the half timbered, black and white Tudor architecture found in the historic ...

Nantwich, Cheshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Nantwich, Cheshire. This view includes a mock tudor building.

Nantwich, Cheshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken in High Street, Nantwich, Cheshire. This row of buildings is a typical example of the half timbered, black and white Tudor architecture found in the historic market town.

Nantwich. Churches Mansions 1451. Photographed by William Blake.

View of an antique shop housed in Churches Mansion, Hospital Street, Nantwich, Cheshire. This building is a typical example of the half timbered, black and white Tudor architecture found in the historic ...

Newcastle Lane, Penkhull

The camera is looking west along Newcastle Lane down towards the A34.The photograph was taken from the roundabout at the junction of Hilton road and Harpfield Road. Behind the camera, Newcastle Lane continues ...

Normacot, Longton

Possibly Upper Belgrave Road. Note the very early motor car and relative lack of buildings.

Opening of Hawksmoor Nature Reserve, near Cheadle. Photographed by William Blake.

Photograph of the crowd gathering to watch the opening of the Masefield Memorial Gateway at Hawksmoor Nature Reserve, Near Cheadle, Staffordshire. John Richard Beech Masefield was the founder of the ...

Opening of Hawksmoor Nature reserve, near Cheadle. Photographed by William Blake.

Photograph of the crowd gathering to watch the opening of the Masefield Memorial Gateway at Hawksmoor Nature Reserve, Near Cheadle, Staffordshire. John Richard Beech Masefield was the founder of the ...

Potteries landscape from Navigation Road, Burslem.

Bert Bentley was looking east over Burslem from the top of Navigation Road. Just to the right of the bottle ovens is the short tower of St John's Church (a grade II listed building). The tower is the ...

Prospect Street, Middleport

The camera is looking northeast from the corner of Prospect Street and Irwell Street (previously West Street) with A J Wilkinson's Royal Staffordshire Pottery (the Mersey Pottery) on the right. This sprawling ...

Queen's Cinema Palace, Jupiter Street. Smallthorne, Stoke-on-Trent

This cinema was on the north side of Jupiter Street (formerly King Street South) near the corner of Mars Street, just off Ford Green Road. Around the time this photograph was taken, the Palace became ...

Queens Park Avenue, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Queens Park Avenue, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The entrance to Longton Park lies just to the left of this location. The park's official name is Queen's Park and ...

Queens Park Avenue, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Queens Park Avenue, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The entrance to Longton Park lies just to the left of this location. The park's official name is Queen's Park and ...

Ray & Proctor's Garage, Longton

Ray & Procter's Garage on Commerce Street, Longton.

Richards Ceramic Tiles Ltd., Woodland Street, Tunstall

Henry Richards Tile Company occupied the Pinnox Woks from 1903. This is the main entrance at the eastern end of Woodland Street. Beyond the Richards works, to the right of the photograph, is the Woodland ...

Roebuck Inn, Hilderstone. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of the Roebuck Inn, Hilderstone, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Roman Catholic Church, Lower Foundry Street, Hanley

The building on the left was originally the church of St Mary and St Patrick, opened in 1860. the present church of the Sacred Heart on Jasper Street was consecrated in 1911. The church in Lower Foundry ...

Russell Street, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Russell Street, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The street was named after John Russell(1792-1878), who became British Prime Minister twice in the mid-1800s. This ...