Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 13 218 Records Found

Duke of Wellington, 61 Endon Road, Norton Green

This public house dates back to before 1843 and was originally three rooms wide by two rooms deep but now has modern extensions attached. It stands on Endon Road which was formerly known as Leek Road.

Duke William, St. John's Square, Burslem

This public house is an irregular corner structure in St. John's Square, Burslem. It was constructed during the 1830's. The door and porch on the ground floor have three stone steps and decorative stone ...

E. Wainwright, Kerr Street, Fenton

E Wainwright & Sons were printers, bookbinders and stationers on Old Whieldon Road near Stoke Basin. Their factory was on the corner of Kerr Street (previously known as Talbot Street) and Old Whieldon ...

East Vale, Meir

The Crown & Anchor public house, Wood Street and St. Johns' Church can all be seen.

Fenpark Road looking towards Pole Dole, Fenton

This photograph was taken from just outside the Methodist Chapel on Fenpark Road, looking east towards Pool Dole. In the far distance is the spoil tip of Mossfield Colliery. The white building in the ...

Ford Green Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east along Ford Green Road from near the junction with Chetwynd Street (on the right). Ford Green station, on the Biddulph Vallley branch, is just to the left of the level crossing gates ...

Ford Green Wesleyan Chapel, Stoke-on-Trent

The Wesleyan Chapel on Ford Green Road at the corner with Regina Street. The chapel was built in 1867 but has been demolished and the sire cleared. Regina Street was called Victoria Street until the 1950s. ...

Forresters Arms, Ford Green Road, Burslem

This is an Ansells public house. The irregular shaped two storey building has a rear projection and cellar and is constucted in red flemish bond with a tiled roof and stack. The main entrance is a large ...

Fountain Place Pottery, Westport Road, Burslem

The camera is looking down Westport road from Fountain Place in Burslem. On the left, Alcock's cycle and television shop used to be the corner frontage to Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery works. To ...

Freemantle Road, Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view north along Freemantle Road from its junction with London Road. Off to the right is a Worthington Brewery tanker delivering to the corner public house, The Oak Tree. To the left, hidden by the ...

Furlong Tile Works, Newport Lane, Middleport

The Furlong Tile Works was on the east side of Newport Lane just before the junction with Furlong Lane. Just beyond the works is the White Swan public house which was originally two small houses until ...

Great Britain, 277 Newcastle Street, Middleport

The Great Britain public house is on the end of a terraced row. It was constructed between 1832 and 1878 and had an outhouse added between 1900 and 1924. It has two storeys and an L-shaped plan, two rooms ...

Great Eastern, 243 Newcastle Street, Middleport, Burslem

The Great Eastern public house was constructed between 1878 and 1900. The ground floor has two leaded windows with coloured glass reading 'Parker Ales'. Newcastle Street was known as Castle Street until ...

Greyhound, Manor Court Street, Penkhull

This public house consists of two storeys, a cellar and backyard. It was constructed between 1832 and 1878 with a later one storey extension at the rear. Original outbuildings have been destroyed. Remembering ...

Grimwades' Pottery, Liverpool Road, Stoke-on-Trent

In the centre of the photograph is Grimwade's Stoke Pottery with its chimneys and kilns. The white, two storey building to the right of the pottery is on the bank of the Trent & Mersey Canal at Shelton ...

Hardinge Street, Fenton

Looking along Hardinge Street from Standard Street. The view today is much changed with the terraced houses, all built before 1880, replaced with semi-detached housing. The Albion Inn has been demolished. ...

High Street, Tunstall

The photograph was taken from close to Christ Church (on the left), looking south towards the centre of the town. On the right, on the corner of King Street (now renamed Madison Street) is The Cheshire ...

Hilderstone Road, Meir Heath. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of the Windmill Inn public house. Taken at Hilderstone Road, Meir Heath, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.