Theme Explorer

Page 29 of 35 619 Records Found

Sneyd Oxide Factory, Commercial Street, rear of 98 Waterloo Road, Burslem

This building was constructed between 1878 and 1900 and is part of Sneyd Oxide Factory and Warehouse. It consists of one irregular unit with basement and a courtyard to rear. There is a double doorway ...

Sneyd Pipe Works, Burslem

Beehive kilns at Sneyd pipe works as seen from the Potteries Loop Line, just north of Hot Lane. The works lay to the west of the line, behind the camera would have been Sneyd Colliery and Brickworks. ...

Spark Street, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking eastwards along Spark Street (Park Street until the 1950s renaming) down towards London Road. At the bottom is the frontage of the Minton pottery works with one of the bottle ovens ...

Spencer Stevenson Pottery, Short Street, Longton

This photograph was taken looking north up Short Street from Normacot Road. On the left are the four bottle ovens of the Enson Works. This mid 19th Century pottery had a variety of operators, latterly ...

Spencer Stevenson's Enson works, Longton

This photograph was taken at the top of Short Street, just off Uttoxeter Road. The bottle ovens are part of Spencer Stevenson's Enson Pottery between Short Street and neighbouring Chelson Street (formerly ...

St James' Church, Longton

St James The Less Church in Longton photographed from the churchyard entrance on Normacot Road. Funded by the Church Building Act of 1818, this church was built in 1833-34, costing around £10,000, to ...

St James's Church, Longton

A view of the area of Longton around St. James's Church, looking south from Meir Hay.

St Mary's Pottery Works, Normacot Road, Uttoxeter

This is the back of T C Wild's St Mary's Works on Uttoxeter Road. This photograph was taken looking north from Normacot Road, from a point now underneath the A50. The house on the right hand edge still ...

St Mary's school and chapel, Plex Street, Tunstall.

This photograph was taken looking westwards along Plex Street from the corner of Roundwell Street (formerly Well Street) in Tunstall. The building on the right was originally St Mary's school-chapel, ...

St. James's Church, Longton

Photograph taken fron Uttoxeter Road. St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson at a cost of £10,000.

Stanley Close, Longton

Photograph taken from Meirhay Road.

Stephen's Brickwoks, Fenton

Stephens Brothers works was in School Lane, an extension of Brocksford Street, in Fenton. Stephens was at one time part of the Potteries Brick Company, a marketing company for seventeen Stoke on Trent ...

Sterling Pottery, Canning Street, Fenton

Sterling Pottery was in Fenton from around 1939 until the mid 195s. The works had previously been part of Bailey Potteries. this photograph was taken at the bottom Of Canning Street, just south of King ...

Stoke on Trent City Electricity and Destructor Works, Yeaman Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph shows the site of Stoke on Trent City Electricity and (refuse) Destructor Works in Yeaman Street. In the background are the chimneys and kilns of the Minton Works on London Road. Yeaman ...

Stoke to Leek railway line and Buller's factory near Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

The view north from Leek New Road (A53) bridge along the Stoke to Leek branch line. Buller's (later Allied Insulators) factory is to the left. Bullers factory dates from 1920 and manufactured electrical ...

Stoke-on-Trent Corporation Electricty Works on the Caldon Canal, Hanley

The Corporation Electricity Works is on the right hand side with Harrison's Mill opposite. Further down is Goodwin's flint mill. In the centre are the ovens of Howson's sanitary ware woks (the Eastwood ...

Studio Szeiler.

Pottery factory exterior including a view of an enamelling or muffle kiln. Taken at Studio Szeiler, Moorland Road, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent. Decorated pottery was often coal fired in an enamel (or ...

Sutherland Road, Longton

Photograph taken looking south-east along Sutherland Road from near the bottom of Landon Street. Shows the Bluebell Works.