Latest Additions To The Site

Page 2 of 56 1000 Records Found

St Dominic's Convent and Church, Hartshill

The Dominican convent date from the middle of the 19th Century. The Church, dedicated to Our Lady of the Angels and St Peter in Chains, is in the Gothic style and brick built. Built at the top of Hartshill ...

Rubian Art Pottery, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking southwards along St Matthew Street in Fenton. The kilns and workshops of the Rubian Art Pottery are on the right. All traces of the works have been removed and the land ...

Rubian Art Pottery, Fenton

Looking north along St Matthew Street with the workshops and kilns of the Rubian Art Pottery on the left. the Lane Delph works were on this site from the end of the 18th Century. Barkers & Co operated ...

Rubian's Art Pottery, Fenpark Road, Fenton

The Rubian Art Pottery was at the western end of Fenpark Road at the junction with Vivian Road. This was the Park Works. Pottery had been produced on this site from at least the 1770s. The works became ...

Fenton Station

This photograph was taken from Fenton Station looking east towards Longton. Opened in 1864 as part of the North Staffordshire Railway's line between Stoke and Derby. The station was closed in 1961 and ...

Looking south from Fenton Manor Station, Fenton

This was the view from the footbridge south of Fenton Manor Station looking towards Fenton. The station was opened in 1889 as part of the North Staffordshire Railway branch lines to Leek and Biddulph. ...

Aquinas Street, Stoke upon Trent

View from near the top of Aquinas Street down towards Epworth Street and the centre of Stoke. Aquinas Street was originally called Thomas Street. Behind the wall beyond the houses on the left was the ...

The Foley, King Street, Longton

A group of four pottery industry firms on King St in the Foley area of Fenton. From the far end: Don Pottery, manufacturers of china, earthenware glass and fancies, Albert Machin, tile manufacturer, W. ...

The Foley, King Street, Longton

Four pottery industry firms at the Foley works in King Street. The Don Pottery Co produced china, earthenware, glass and fancies. Albert Machin produced tiles and W Perry produced china, earthenware, ...

Old Mossfield Colliery tramway wharf, Goldenhill Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking east from halfway up Goldenhill Road opposite the entrance to Foley Park. In the distance is the spoil tip of Mossfield Colliery. The tramway lead off to the right of ...

Mount Pleasant Church of England School, Smithpool Road, Fenton

Mount Pleasant Junior and Infants' School was on the corner of Smithpool Road and Whieldon Road. Originally opened as a branch of St peter's Church of England School in 1858, these building date from ...

Minerva China Works, Fenton

The Minerva Works, established in 1801, stood on Park Street in Fenton. One of the earliest occupiers was Mason & Co (producers of patent Ironstone China). From the 1830s until 1889 the works were operated ...

Granville Street, Mount Pleasant, Fenton

The camera is looking east along Clarendon Street from near the corner with Sutherland Road. Clarendon Street was known as Granville Street until the 1950s. At the top is the signal box on the Stoke to ...

California Locomotive Works, Stoke-on-Trent

The California Works was operated by the locomotive manufacturer Kerr Stuart & Co. Kerr Stuart moved into the works in the 1890s when they took over another railway and tram manufacturer, Hartley, Arnoux ...

Brookfield Foundry, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows what was the California Engineering Works of the locomotive builders, Kerr Stuart & Co. Railway locomotives had been produced on this site since 1892. Kerr Stuart closed down in ...

Aerial view of Normacot and Longton

Looking north west across Normacot, with Longton town centre in the top left corner. The road on the left hand edge is the A5005 Lightwood Road. Star and Garter Road is in the centre foreground.

The Royal Cinema, Manor Street, Fenton

The Royal Cinema building stands in Manor Street, just off City Road in Fenton. Opened in 1913, it closed as a cinema in 1960 before becoming a nightclub for a short period. At its peak it could seat ...

Fenton Board School, King Street, Fenton

Details of windows, tiles and brickwork on the front of the Fenton Board School on King Street, near Victoria Square. Originally known as the Market street Board School, the buildings housed both infants ...