Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 35 619 Records Found

Amison's Pottery, Longton

The rear of Charles Amison's Stanley Pottery on Amison Street (formerly Wedgwood Street) in the Sandford Hill area of Longton. The works were close to the junction with Anchor Road. Closed in 1962, this ...

An Aerial view of Burslem town centre

The aerial photograph was taken in 1927 and shows Market Place running up the middle with the town Hall on its left. In the bottom left hand corner is Fountain Place with St John's Square off to the ...

Anchor China Works and old Police Station, Sutherland Road, Longton

The Longton end of Sutherland Road with part of Longton Police Station on the right hand edge and the Anchor China Works in the centre. The road sign is giving directions for the junction of Sutherland ...

Anchor Pottery, Goddard Street, Longton

Sampson Bridgwood and Son, established in 1805, took over the Anchor Pottery in 1853. The company still exists today.

Anchor Road, Longton

The camera is looking southwards along Anchor Road towards the bridge that carries the Stoke to Derby railway line over Anchor Road. The camera was on the corner of Anchor Terrace by the corner shop, ...

Anchor Works, Longton

The Anchor Works stood at the junction of Anchor Road, Sutherland Road and Market Street. The Anchor works mustn't be confused with the nearby "British Anchor Pottery" on Anchor Road. These works date ...

Anderton Boat Lift, Northwich

The Anderton Boat Lift is a two caisson lift lock near the village of Anderton, Cheshire, in north-west England. It provides a 50-foot (15.2 m) vertical link between two navigable waterways: the River ...

Anderton Canal Carriers Wharf, Middleport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph shows two important sites on the Trent & Mersey Canal in Middleport. In the centre is the Anderton Canal Company's warehouse and boat repair yard and beyond Burgess & Leigh's Middleport ...

Arthur Wood & Price's Royal Bradwell Pottery, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken at the start of Davenport Street (A5271) just after the Trubshawe Cross roundabout. The Royal Bradwell Ware building belonged to Arthur Wood & Sons, earthenware manufacturers ...

Arthur Wood's canalside factory, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view south along the canal. Westport Lake is off to the right, on the left is the rear of Wood's pottery. the buildings have all been cleared and the are now used for light industry and food ...

Ascot Pottery on Clough Street, Hanley

The Ascot Pottery was operated by Alcock, Lindley & Bloore, along with the neighbouring Vulcan Pottery on Clough Street. The factory opened in 1919 and the company became famous for "Brown Betty" teapots ...

Ashdale Pottery.

Pottery factory exterior including bottle ovens. Taken at Ashdale Pottery, Short Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. This view includes the North Staffs Electric Company. Taken from the Gladstone ...

Astra Pottery, 88-90 Harper Street, Burslem

This building is a two storey commercial pottery manufactory and was constructed in red flemish facing brick with a plain tile pitched roof. The first floor has a very large double door, iron lintel and ...

Bagnall Street, Longton

The factories opposite the east end of St James's Church. Bagnall Street was renamed Chelson Street in the 1950s.

Bairstow's Pottery, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

P E Bairstow & Co had their works in Mount Pleasant, in the area known as Tinkersclough. The company was founded at the end of the Second World War and initially produced bone china "Fancies Fayre". Later, ...

Balmoral Works, Longton

Photograph taken from near the new railway bridge. The Balmoral Works were occupied by porcelain manufacturers Redfern & Drakeford between about 1902 and 1933.

Barker Brothers Ltd, Meir Works, Longton.

Barker Brothers (Ltd.), china and earthenware manufacturers, moved to the Meir Works on Barker Street in 1880-1882. The factory closed in 1981.

Barker Street , Longton

Photograph taken looking towards the north-west. St. James's Church is visible. St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson ...