Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 9 153 Records Found

Broom Street, Hanley

Broom Street runs east off Old Town Road in Hanley. On the corner is Safin House, occupied in 1963 by S Finney & Sons, Wholesale Warehousemen. H & E Smith's tile factory still stands, although no longer ...

Brownhills High School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the main buildings and playing fields of Brownhills High School. This site is now the Co-operative Academy of Stoke on Trent, with new school buildings. The School was originally ...

Brownhills Road, Tunstall

The photograph was taken from Canal Lane looking south east towards the old Brownhills High School for Girls. Brownhills Road runs across the bottom of the photograph. The original school was based around ...

Bucknall County Secondary and Infants School

Bucknall Secondary Modern School was on Malthouse Lane. Formed during the reorganisation of city schools after 1932, it included buildings from the old Bucknall County Infants' School. In this photograph, ...

Burnwood County Junior School, Tunstall

This photograph was taken from Springbank Road. The school stood at the corner of Springbank Road and Chell Heath Road. The school has been closed and demolished. The site is now housing.

Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School, Chell Heath

Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School was on the corner of Bishop Road and Chell Heath Road. The school has been demolished and replaced by Stoke on Trent North Children's Centre. Burnwood County ...

Burnwood School, Burslem

The view east from Burslem Golf Course towards Ball Green. In the foreground is Burnwood School. In the distance are the buildings of Ball Green Primary School. On the left is the spoil tip of Chatterley ...

Burnwood Schools, Chell

The photograph shows Burnwood Secondary, Junior and Nursery Schools. the photograph was taken from Chell heath Road. The houses on the left are on Salkeld Place.

Campbell Road from Hanford Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph is looking northeast along Campbell Road away from the junction with Stone Road at Hanford Bridge. Where the photographer was standing is now part of the Hanchurch roundabout and flyover. ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Abbey Hulton

The north side of Carmountside Junipor High School. This was formerly Carmountside County Secondary School opened in 1938. The view is from Leek Road. The school occupied part of the site of the medieval ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Abbey Hulton

The Leek Road frontage of Carmountside Junior High School, now demolished. Originally Carmountside County Secondary school, opened in 1938, the school occupied part of the site of Hulton Abbey. The clock ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Abbey Hulton.

The "New" front to Carmountside Junior High School with the clock tower on the north side. The school opened in 1938 as Carmountside County Secondary School. It was built on part of the site of Hulton ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Beard Grove, Abbey Hulton

The main (front) entrance to Carmountside Junior High School, formerly Carmountside County Secondary School, opened in 1938. The buildings on Beard Grove occupied part of the the site of the former Hulton ...

Chatterley Whitfield and Fegg Hayes from Burslem Golf Course

The view north east from Burslem Golf Course towards Chell Heath, Fegg Hayes and Chatterley Whitfield spoil tip. To the right in front of the spoil tip is Burnwood School.

Checkley School. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Hutchinson Memorial School, Uttoxeter Road, Checkley, Staffordshire. It was built in 1879.

Chell Heath Road Schools, Bradeley, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the side of the combined infants and secondary school in Bradeley, on Chell Heath Road. Bradeley County Infants School was opened in 1900 and reorganised into a combined infants and ...

Chell Junior High School, Stoke-on-Trent

The playing fields of Chell Junior High School. Taken in May, the cricket season has just begun, with the practice nets in use. Chell County Secondary School on St Michael's Lane was built in 1940 ...

City Road, Fenton

This was the view from the corner of City road and Glebedale Road (previously Station Road) towards the junction at Victoria Square in Fenton in the 1960s. On the right is the entrance to Fenton Vicarage, ...