Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 9 149 Records Found

City Road from Manor Street, Fenton

The camera is looking westwards along City Road from Manor Street. The white building in the centre of the photograph is the Terrace Inn. On the right, the parade of shops date from around 1880 and belonged ...

City Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken from the City Road bridge over the Biddulph and Leek branch railway line. To the is left the marshalling yard and shed at Stoke Junction. The railings on the right mark the edge ...

City Road, Fenton

This was the view from the corner of City road and Glebedale Road (previously Station Road) towards the junction at Victoria Square in Fenton in the 1960s. On the right is the entrance to Fenton Vicarage, ...

City Road, Fenton

Looking east along City Road from the corner of Manor Street. Christchurch Street is coming in on the right. The building on the right hand edge is the old Royal Oak public house, now demolished. In ...

Clayton Lane from Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking southwards along Clayton Lane from close to the junmction with the A34 (Newcastle Road). On the left are bakery buildings, at the time of the photograph, Birkett & Roberts Trent Vale Bakery, producing ...

Cloud End, Congleton. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape with a view of Cloud End, Nr. Congleton, Cheshire. The large rail viaduct that crosses the River Dane and Macclesfield Canal can be seen in the distance.

Coal Truck. Photographed by William Blake.

This wagon belonged to and was built by Edward Eastwood of Chesterfield , hence the "E E" on the wagon side and on the axleboxes ("EEC"). Additionally it it is known from records at the National Archives ...

Coal Trucks & Steam Engine. Photographed by William Blake.

Photograph of coal trucks and a steam engine. Unknown location.

Cobridge Station and Moorcroft's Pottery, Stoke-on-Trent

A photograph looking northwards along Sandbach Road in Cobridge taken from the junction with Leek New Road. Moorcoft's pottery factory is in the centre, the home of the company since 1913. On the ...

Cobridge Tunnel, Potteries Loop Line, Stoke-on-Trent

The south end of the tunnel on the Potteries Loop Line between Waterloo Road and Cobridge stations. The photograph was taken looking north from the short tunnel at Astbury Street (formerly Copeland Street) ...

Common Chickweed, or Stellaria media

Flowering all year long, this weed pops up at the road-side, in your garden, and all over wastelands. This one was found growing at Hawkesyard, near Armitage in Staffordshire, by local naturalist Henry ...

Cresswell Station. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Cresswell Station, Cresswell Lane, Staffordshire.

Down platform, Stoke-on-Trent Railway Station

A view from the down (northbound) platform of Stoke Station. The photographer noted that "smoke from (steam) engines makes it dull". Soon after the photograph was taken, the lines were electrified (1967) ...

Duke Street, Fenton

This photograph was taken east of Duke Street alongside the railway line to Longton and Stoke. Longton is towards the top. The building on the right stands on the site of Oldfield's old colliery, brick ...

East Vale, Longton

Looking west towards the East Vale area of Longton. The railway line is the Stoke to Derby branch. St John's Church in Longton is close to the railway in the distance. The line of coal wagons are on ...

Etruria junction, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking north from the Etruria Road bridge just north of Etruria Station. It shows the junction of the Potteries Loop Line (to the right) with the main line to Manchester (straight ...

Etruria Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking westwards along Etruria Road before the dual carriageway (A53) was built. This is the line of Etruria Old Road. On the right is the front of Wedgwood's Etruria works with the lanthorn ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The view from Etruria Station looking south along the up line. On the left are the gas holders of Etruria gasworks. The train of tankers is heading towards Stoke. Etruria Station opened in 1848 by ...