Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > Educational Buildings & Grounds

Refine By Selecting a Sub Theme

Colleges(30)Schools(153)Universities(5)
Page 2 of 11 192 Records Found

Brakespeare Street chapel and infants' school, Goldenhill

A Roman Catholic school-chapel was built in Brakespeare Street, then called John Street, in1871, with extensions in the 1880s. Garbett Street (then called Church Street) is at the far end. The building ...

Brewery Street, Hanley

Looking along Brewery Street towards the junction with Bryan Street. Beyond is the site of the old Port Vale football ground, a car park by the time this photograph was taken. The building on the right ...

Broom Street School, Hanley. Circa 1950

A boys PE lesson at Broom Street School. Exercise and play areas were small, the girls and infants being given even less space than the boys.

Broom Street, Hanley

Broom Street runs east off Old Town Road in Hanley. On the corner is Safin House, occupied in 1963 by S Finney & Sons, Wholesale Warehousemen. H & E Smith's tile factory still stands, although no longer ...

Brownhills High School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the main buildings and playing fields of Brownhills High School. This site is now the Co-operative Academy of Stoke on Trent, with new school buildings. The School was originally ...

Brownhills Road, Tunstall

The photograph was taken from Canal Lane looking south east towards the old Brownhills High School for Girls. Brownhills Road runs across the bottom of the photograph. The original school was based around ...

Bucknall County Secondary and Infants School

Bucknall Secondary Modern School was on Malthouse Lane. Formed during the reorganisation of city schools after 1932, it included buildings from the old Bucknall County Infants' School. In this photograph, ...

Burnwood County Junior School, Tunstall

This photograph was taken from Springbank Road. The school stood at the corner of Springbank Road and Chell Heath Road. The school has been closed and demolished. The site is now housing.

Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School, Chell Heath

Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School was on the corner of Bishop Road and Chell Heath Road. The school has been demolished and replaced by Stoke on Trent North Children's Centre. Burnwood County ...

Burnwood School, Burslem

The view east from Burslem Golf Course towards Ball Green. In the foreground is Burnwood School. In the distance are the buildings of Ball Green Primary School. On the left is the spoil tip of Chatterley ...

Burnwood Schools, Chell

The photograph shows Burnwood Secondary, Junior and Nursery Schools. the photograph was taken from Chell heath Road. The houses on the left are on Salkeld Place.

Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem

This building was constructed between 1900 and 1924 by W. Grant & Sons Builders. It is a rectangular, two storey building, six rooms rooms wide by two rooms deep. The front shows six large window casements ...

Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem

Burslem School of Art in Queen Street. The grade II listed building was built between 1900 and 1924 on the site of an old pottery manufactory. Directly opposite is the Wedgwood Institute. Queen Street ...

Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem.

Opened in 1853, Burslem School of Art offered the opportunity for local talented people to study art at a high level. Art Deco pottery paintress Clarice Cliff attended evening classes here, as did many ...

Burslem Technical College Annexe, Moorland Road, Burslem

Burslem Technical College was constructed between 1878 and 1900 and was originally Stansfield Hospital. It comprises of seven buildings, blocks A to G. This photogragh shows the rear of blocks D and E. Block ...

Campbell Road from Hanford Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph is looking northeast along Campbell Road away from the junction with Stone Road at Hanford Bridge. Where the photographer was standing is now part of the Hanchurch roundabout and flyover. ...

Caretaker of the Sutherland Institute, Longton

Portrait of Mr T. Dawes, caretaker of the Sutherland Institute in Longton for many years. The Sutherland Institute was opened in 1899 on land given by Cromartie Sutherland-Levison-Gower, the 4th Duke ...

Carmountside Junior High School, Abbey Hulton

The Leek Road frontage of Carmountside Junior High School, now demolished. Originally Carmountside County Secondary school, opened in 1938, the school occupied part of the site of Hulton Abbey. The clock ...