Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 6 99 Records Found

Entrance to Newchapel & Goldenhill Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The entrance to Newchapel & Goldenhill Station from Colclough Lane with the station nameboard visible just visible. The camera is looking north east and the houses beyond the station are on Birchenwood ...

Etruria Railway Station

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south towards Stoke Station from the up side platform at Etruria Station. The tank engine is on the down line heading towards Kidsgrove. To the right is Twyford's Etruria Works and ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south from the down side platform along the down line towards Stoke Station. Etruria Station was opened in 1848, extended with the coming of the Loop Line in the 1870s and finally ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The view from Etruria Station looking south along the up line. On the left are the gas holders of Etruria gasworks. The train of tankers is heading towards Stoke. Etruria Station opened in 1848 by ...

Fenton Collieries from Derry Stree, Fenton

This was the view from Derry Street, a short street running north off Grove Road looking north east towards Fenton. To the right are the chimneys and winding gear of Glebe Colliery and Brickworks, now ...

Fenton Manor Station, Fenton

Fenton Manor Station was on the old Biddulph Valley line and Leek branch of North Staffordshire Railway. The station was on Manor Street (then named Albert Street), just off Victoria Road. The line passes ...

Ford Green Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east along Ford Green Road from near the junction with Chetwynd Street (on the right). Ford Green station, on the Biddulph Vallley branch, is just to the left of the level crossing gates ...

Fowlea Brook, Longbridge Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

The view south from the bridge over the Fowlea Brook just north of Longport Station. At this point the Stoke on Trent City boundary runs along the brook: to the right is Newcastle under Lyme. On the ...

Glebe Street & Station Road, Stoke-on-Trent

A railway wagon is hand pushed across Station Road to a small wagon yard. The site of this yard is now a car park for rail travellers. There were no parking problems for the driver of this early motor ...

Handshake at Rushton station

On a wet day at Rushton, station staff and footplate crew exchange a friendly handshake. This could have been a retirement handshake, or a goodbye handshake due to closure of the station. Who knows? A ...

Hanley Station

The booking and parcels office of Hanley railway station stood on what became the car park of the Grand Hotel on Trinity Street. The platforms were in a deep, sharply curved cutting below Trinity Street, ...

Hanley Station

The main entrance and booking hall of Hanley Station on the Potteries Loop Line. This photograph was taken from just outside the Grand Hotel in Trinity Street. The line is in a deep cutting below the ...

Hanley Station

Hanley Station was just north of Trinity Street, alongside the old Grand Hotel. This the second Hanley Station, built when the loop line was extended to Burslem in 1873. The first was just south of Trinity ...

Hanley Station

Hanley station was on a sharp curve in a deep cutting just below Trinity Street, opposite the Grand Hotel. This is the view looking westwards along the line to Etruria. This was the second station ...

Hartshill railway station, Stoke-on-Trent

A photograph taken from a wagon in the siding at Hartshill and Basford Halt. The camera is looking west towards the mouth of the tunnel taking the line to Newcastle. The station, opened in 1905, was on ...

Ian Allan Potteries Express. Circa 1959.

The Ian Allan Potteries Express train, hauled by a 2-6-0 steam engine No 42922, enters Leek station with a train full of railway enthusiasts bound for Macclesfield. The train stopped here for a while, ...

Locomotive, possibly at Meir

A 2-4-0 engine with a train of second and third class carriages on the Stoke to Derby line, possibly at Meir station circa 1900. This image is featured by kind permission of the Churnet Valley Railway....