Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 13 218 Records Found

Burslem Central W.M.C., Baddeley Street, Burslem

This two storey building is two rooms wide by two rooms deep with a two storey projection on the east side. Number 2 Mountford Street has been modified to form part of the club.

Burslem Working Mens Club, Furlong Lane, Burslem

This building is thought to have been erected around 1836 (date obtained from date stone). This rectangular three storey structure was constructed in cement rendered brick with a modern roof. The chimney ...

Capitol Cinema, Goodson Street, Hanley.

Originally the Royal Alexandra Music Hall, then the Kings Palace Theatre, later Moore and Kennedy's Picture Hall, the Capitol Cinema stood in Goodson Street (formerly New Street) in Hanley. Built in 1892 ...

Caroline Street, Longton

This is a view north east along Caroline Street in Longton from close to the railway bridge. The Belstaff clothing factory is on both sides of the street just beyond The Roebuck public house (No 5 Caroline ...

Cheadle Road, Forsbrook. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Cheadle Road, Forsbrook, Staffordshire. The Butchers Arms public house can be seen in the distance.

Christchurch Street and City Road, Fenton

The Royal Oak pub can be seen in the distance.

Church Street, Stoke upon Trent

A view north along Church Street at the junction with Campbell Place (to the left). Sutherland Chambers, dated 1899, is the large building, with many chimneys, on the left next to the modern supermarket. ...

City Road and Christchurch Street junction, Fenton

This photograph was taken from Manor Road looking towards Christchurch Street. Opposite the District Bank building is the Royal Oak Inn. On this side on the corner of Manor Street was Fenton Working Man's ...

City Road from Manor Street, Fenton

The camera is looking westwards along City Road from Manor Street. The white building in the centre of the photograph is the Terrace Inn. On the right, the parade of shops date from around 1880 and belonged ...

City Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken from the corner of Standard Street and City Road, looking westwards towards Stoke. On the extreme right hand edge is the Newtown public house (then Newtown House). On the left ...

Coach and Horses Inn, Oldcourt Street, Tunstall

The Coach and Horses Inn is towards the north end of Oldcourt Street, near then junction with Roundwell Street, in Tunstall. To the left, the tall building is the Oldcourt Pottery and behind the inn on ...

Commercial Inn, 171 London Road, Stoke

The original part of this public house dates from between 1848 and 1878. There have been two later extensions from 1878-1900 and 1912-1924. The ground floor has a door with stone surround and a rectangular ...

Cookshill Corner, Caverswall. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Cookshill Corner, Caverswall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The photograph includes a group of people standing outside the Auctioneer's Arms public house. The picture was taken looking ...

Copeland Arms Hotel, Copeland Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Copeland Street looking towards Liverpool Road. The bridge crosses the Newcastle branch canal and the building between the stationers and the canal was the police station. Hill and Ainsworth’s bookshop ...

Coronation Street party, Shelton, Stoke on Trent

Norfolk Street, Shelton decorated for Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation in June 1953. Most of the terraced housing has been demolished, leaving the Norfolk Inn, on the left, isolated. The pub closed in ...

Cyples Lane, Longton.

Market Street and the Heathcote Arms public house can be seen at the far end of the lane.

Duke of Bridgewater, Station Street, Burslem

The Duke of Bridgwater was constructed before 1832 and stands on Station Street in Burslem. It is a three storey building, three rooms wide by two rooms deep. The ground floor has two windows with decorative ...

Duke of Wellington public house, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The Duke of Wellington public house stood on the corner of High Street and Garbett Street in Goldenhill. At the time of this photograph the licencees were George and Alice Bradbury and the pub was known ...