Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 55 988 Records Found

Alfred Meakins pottery factory, Hollywall Lane, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Alfred Meakins opened their factory off Hollywall Lane in 1957. The site was originally part of the Williamson estate which was sold off in the 1950s of which Meakins purchased 150 acres. Robert Williamson ...

Alfred Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery, Tunstall

Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery was on Tunstall High Street occupying the land between Bank Street and Parsonage Street. The photograph is looking south along High Street. Meakin's took over an existing ...

Alley off Hope Street, Hanley

This is an alley running off Hope Street in Hanley leading to the New Hall Pottery works. This alleyway is marked on the 1880 O.S. map. and the surrounding housing and works buildings are earlier. The ...

Alleyway leading to Market Street, Longton

The Heathcote Hotel is visible at the far end of the alley.

Alma Works Demolition, Longton

Pottery factory in the process of being demolished. Taken at the Alma Works, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph ...

An Aerial view of Burslem town centre

The aerial photograph was taken in 1927 and shows Market Place running up the middle with the town Hall on its left. In the bottom left hand corner is Fountain Place with St John's Square off to the ...

An Oven Opened. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide looking into a hot oven. The stacked saggars can be seen inside. This lantern slide appears to be one of a group used for a presentation or slide show by Blake entitled “Staffordshire ...

An Oven Opened. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide looking into a hot oven. The stacked saggars can be seen inside. This lantern slide appears to be one of a group used for a presentation or slide show by Blake entitled “Staffordshire ...

Anchor Pottery, Goddard Street, Longton

Sampson Bridgwood and Son, established in 1805, took over the Anchor Pottery in 1853. The company still exists today.

Anderton Boat Lift, Northwich

The Anderton Boat Lift is a two caisson lift lock near the village of Anderton, Cheshire, in north-west England. It provides a 50-foot (15.2 m) vertical link between two navigable waterways: the River ...

Anderton Canal Carriers Wharf, Middleport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph shows two important sites on the Trent & Mersey Canal in Middleport. In the centre is the Anderton Canal Company's warehouse and boat repair yard and beyond Burgess & Leigh's Middleport ...

Anderton canal wharves, Middleport

The camera is looking northwards along the Trent & Mersey Canal in Middleport. The buildings on the right belonged to the Anderton Canal Company who were one of the three main carriers serving the Potteries ...

Application of Gold Print Transfers.

Pottery factory interior showing a woman applying gold print transfers to ware. She is applying a transfer of the Stockport coat-of-arms to a bone china tea service commissioned by the Stockport Chamber ...

Application of transfers, Booths' Church Bank Pottery, Tunstall

Ridgway Potteries Ltd., Booths' Church Bank Pottery, Tunstall showing the underglaze decorating shop. The women are applying patterns to ware using transfers. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum ...

Applying Handles to Cups.

Pottery factory interior showing a woman fixing handles to cups. She is sticking the handles to the cups using liquid clay or slip. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This ...

Applying Transfers.

Pottery factory interior showing a woman operating an automatic brushing machine. The machine brushes a transfer image onto porous biscuit ware in this case. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum ...

Applying Transfers.

Pottery factory interior with a view of a woman applying transfer prints to tea pots. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph is part of the collections ...

Arthur Wood & Price's Royal Bradwell Pottery, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken at the start of Davenport Street (A5271) just after the Trubshawe Cross roundabout. The Royal Bradwell Ware building belonged to Arthur Wood & Sons, earthenware manufacturers ...