Latest Additions To The Site

Page 1 of 56 1000 Records Found

Waterside Drive, Blurton

This photograph is looking southwest along Waterside Drive from the junction with Barlaston Road. Just off to the left is The Cuckoo Inn and beyond the entrance on the left is the corner of Zetland Place. ...

Toll Gate House, Trentham Road, Blurton

The old tollgate house stood at the corner of Barlaston Road and Trentham Road. Demolished with widening of the junction and Trentham Road in the mid 1960s, the name lives on in the Toll Gate hotel opposite, ...

The Royal Oak Inn, Fenton

Standing on the corner of Christchurch Street (previously Church Street) and City Road in Fenton, the original public house dates back to at least 1810. The building in the photograph was demolished and ...

The Good Shpherd Roman Catholic Church, Blurton

The Good Shepherd Church stands on the corner of Shepley Grove and Waterside Drive in Blurton. Under construction when the photograph was taken, it opened in 1964.

Stephen's Brickwoks, Fenton

Stephens Brothers works was in School Lane, an extension of Brocksford Street, in Fenton. Stephens was at one time part of the Potteries Brick Company, a marketing company for seventeen Stoke on Trent ...

St Mary's school and chapel, Plex Street, Tunstall.

This photograph was taken looking westwards along Plex Street from the corner of Roundwell Street (formerly Well Street) in Tunstall. The building on the right was originally St Mary's school-chapel, ...

Rookery Lane, Blurton

Goms Mill House stood at the top end of Rookery Lane, a cul de sac off Drubbery Lane in Blurton. Bert Bentley thought this was part of the original miller's house. Gom's Mill was a flint grinding mill ...

Ebenezer Methodist Chapel, Carron Street, Fenton

The Ebenezer Methodist Chapel stood at the eastern end of Carron Street in the Foley area of Fenton. Originally built by the United Methodist Church as a temporary wooden chapel in 1920, it was still ...

City Road and Christchurch Street junction, Fenton

This photograph was taken from Manor Road looking towards Christchurch Street. Opposite the District Bank building is the Royal Oak Inn. On this side on the corner of Manor Street was Fenton Working Man's ...

Christchurch Street, Fenton

This photograph was taken opposite Christ Church Fenton, looking north. Until the 1950s renaming of streets, this was Church Street. Nelson street is coming in on the left. With rebuilding, Nelson Street ...

Bassilow House, Fenton

Bassilow House (or farm) stood on Bassilow Road which ran north between Fenton Park and Fenton Cemetery. The cemetery is off to the right behind the house. At one time it belonged to Berry Hill Colliery ...

The District Bank building, Trentham Road, Trentham

The District Bank building stood at the junction of Barlaston Old Road and Trentham Road. The Italianate style building later became a branch of Nat West Bank. Behind to the right is Trentham Methodist ...

Paladin Works, Fenton

The Paladin Works stood alongside the Stoke to Derby railway just outside Fenton Station, off Christchurch Street. The buildings in the photograph still stand today used by several small enterprises. ...

Oldfield's fireclay pit and brickworks, Fenton

Oldfield's fireclay pit and brickworks was off Duke Street in Fenton. Originally the brickworks and associated colliery was operated by Balfour & Coin from the 1880s. The colliery closed in the 1890s ...

Oldfield's brickworks, Fenton

Oldfield's fireclay pit off Duke Street in Fenton. The Bassey Mine Ironstone and Peacock Coal seams outcrop in the pit. These rocks are part of the Coal Measures of the North Staffordshire Coalfield. ...

Oldfield's Brickworks, Fenton

The brick kilns and their chimneys at Oldfield's brickworks off Duke Street in Fenton. In the foreground is the fireclay pit. The camera is looking eastwards towards Longton with the houses in Holly Bush ...

Longton Cricket Ground

Longton Cricket Club ground seen from the Ripon Road side. Immediately behind the pavilion buildings is Trentham Road. This ground has hosted Minor Counties matches since 1954 and has been a major venue ...

Hem Heath Junior Schools, Blurton

Hem Heath Junior and Infants' Schools were opened in 1958/59 at the northern end of Magdalen Road in Blurton. The site is now the Kemball School. In the background are the tops of the two winding towers ...