Latest Additions To The Site

Page 7 of 56 1000 Records Found

Cheadle Road, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Village scene including a man at work near the junction with Cheadle Road and Uttoxeter Road, Draycott-in-the-Moors. On the left is the Draycott Arms public house which closed in 2022 and is now (2023) ...

Rose Cottage, Draycott-in-the-Moors

A cottage, footbridge, ford and stream off Cheadle Road at Draycott-in-the-Moors. The cottage is now known as Rose Cottage. Photographed by William Blake of Longton.

Uttoxeter Road, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Village scene taken at Draycott-in-the-Moors looking east along Uttoxeter Road. The tearrace of cottaghes on the left has been demolished. The building on the right was the Post Office and still stands. Photograph ...

Rectory and Church Tower, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Village scene including the Rectory and St. Margaret's Church tower at Draycott-in-the-Moors. Photographed by William Blake Of Longton.

Stansmore Hall, Dilhorne

Stansmore Hall farm house, Tickhill Lane, Dilhorne. A large Grade II listed 17th century farmhouse with minor mid-19th century alterations. Also known as Stansmoor and, more recently, Stanmore. Photographer: ...

The Miner's Arms, Packmoor?

View of the bar on permanent display in the local history gallery at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery. The display is a recreation of a Victorian bar room in Tunstall. However, residents of the ...

The Miner's Arms, Packmoor.

Customers and landlord William Henry Smith (right) at The Miner's Arms in Mellor Street, Packmoor, around the late 1950s. Part of Packmoor medical centre grounds now occupy the space where this pub ...

The Miner's Arms, Packmoor.

Constance Smith behind the bar at The Miner's Arms in Mellor Street, Packmoor, circa 1960. Part of Packmoor medical centre grounds now occupy the space where this pub once stood. The bar area was ...

The Miner's Arms, Packmoor.

Cyril Smith behind the bar at The Miner's Arms in Mellor Street, Packmoor, around the late 1950s. Part of Packmoor medical centre grounds now occupy the space where this pub once stood. The bar ...

The Miner's Arms, Packmoor.

Landlord William Henry Smith behind the bar at The Miner's Arms in Mellor Street, Packmoor, around the late 1950s. Part of Packmoor medical centre grounds now occupy the space where this pub once stood. The ...

The Miner's Arms, Packmoor.

Constance Smith behind the bar at The Miner's Arms in Mellor Street, Packmoor, around the late 1950s. Part of Packmoor medical centre grounds now occupy the space where this pub once stood. The ...

Caverswall Lane, Blythe Bridge

Village scene including houses and two young girls. Photographer: William Blake of Longton

The American Hotel, 144 Waterloo Road, Burslem

The American Hotel (originally The Waterloo and American Hotel) pictured on Waterloo Road. It was constructed between 1823 and 1832. The building is rectangular in plan with a turret projection. It is ...

The American Hotel, 144 Waterloo Road, Burslem

The American Hotel (originally The Waterloo and American Hotel) pictured on Waterloo Road. It was constructed between 1823 and 1832. The building is rectangular in plan with a turret projection. It is ...

Sneyd Green First School, Sneyd Street, Burslem

Sneyd Green First School was constructed in 1899 and opened in 1901. Building the school It was built by J.J. Longden to designs by Wood and Hutchings, architects to Burslem School Board. It ...

Hill Street, Stoke upon Trent.

From near the top of Hill Street, a view south east down towards Campbell Place at the bottom. In the distance is the spoil tip of the Glebe Colliery, Fenton, Glebedale Park today. On the left, halfway ...

Baddeley Green from Norton Lane, Norton-in-the-Moors

The camera is looking east from Norton Primary School over the valley of the Trent towards Baddeley Green. Hidden in the valley is the Caldon Canal , with Engine Locks Cottage is just to the left of ...

Charles Lynam

Portrait of Charles Lynam, architect (1829-1921) and member of North Staffordshire Field Club. He was born in Colwich, educated at Christ's Hospital School, London, and in 1850 joined his father's architect's ...