Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 10 179 Records Found

Shelburne Street, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

A view up Shelburne Street towards Boothenwood Terrace, from London Road. The houses on the higher ground behind are on Hunters Way in Penkhull. There is one old gas street lamp, on the left, mixed in ...

Shops around Market Square, Hanley

The view of Market Square from Lamb Street, with Town Road at the top. The Bass public house on Town Road is The Grapes which was next door to The Angel. Demolished in the 1970s it became a car accessory ...

Springfields Hotel, Newcastle Road, Trent Vale

The Springfields Hotel in Trent Vale was built in 1763 and was home to the Sheldon family in the late 1800s. Now a public house, it has since been extensively modified. Modern extensions have been ...

Springfields Hotel, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

The Springfields Hotel stands on the corner of Newcastle Road (A34) and Clayton Lane. The grade II listed building was later renamed The Orange Tree around 2009. The red brick building was originally ...

St John's Square, Burslem

This is a view of the west side of St John's Square in Burslem taken from the corner of Wm Clowes Street. Newcastle Street and Market Place are off to the right hand edge. The square has along history, ...

St Peter's Churchyard and the Red Lion, Stoke upon Trent.

A view from the Old Cemetery in the south eastern corner of St Peter's Church, Stoke-on-Trent. Church Street runs across the photograph between the graveyard and the Red Lion public house (on the left). ...

Staff of Life Inn, 255 Newcastle Street, Middleport

This public house was constructed between 1823 and 1832. The roof has decorated ridge tiles, finials and a gable at the front of the building. The first floor has a stone panel inscribed 'Staff of Life ...

Stafford Street, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Stafford Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Stafford Street is now known as The Strand. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them ...

Stag Inn, 112 Waterloo Road, Burslem

This public house is one room wide by two rooms deep with cellar. The front is east facing and has a door with a stone step and decorative air bricks. The second floor has a stone plaque inscribed: '1837-1897, ...

Stanley Road, Stockton Brook

Looking east along Stanley road from the junction with Leek Road (A53). On the extreme left is the edge of the booking hall building at Stockton Brook Station, inn use as a shop. The Joules public house ...

Star Inn, 33 Liverpool Road, Stoke

The Star Inn was constructed between 1832 and 1848. The front of the building has decorative woodwork and glazed tiles. Modifications are extensive to the rear of the building. A sign for Berry Street ...

Sunday School, Dimsdale Street, Burslem

This single storey building was constructed between 1878 and 1900. The front is south facing and has a modern flat roof and two modern windows. The west side has a modern structure adjoining and the east ...

Sutherland Arms, 207-209 London Road, Stoke

The Sutherland Arms public house was constructed between 1848 and 1878. There are adjoining extensions dating from between 1878 and 1900. The sign for Boughey Street can be seen on the side of the building. ...

Sydney Street, Hanley

A row of terraced houses with a corner pub. The pub is the Brook Inn, at the south end of Sydney Street at its junction with Lower Clarence Street. The camera is looking north towards Bexley Street. ...

Talbot Hotel, 117 Church Street, Stoke

The Talbot Hotel is situated on the corner where Trade Street meets Church Street. The street sign for Trade Street can be seen on the side of the building. It is uncertain exactly when this building ...

The Albert, 8-10 Bilton Street, Stoke

The Albert public house is located on Bilton Street which was formerly known as Albert Street until 1912. It was built between 1848 and 1878. The Landlord believes that the first terraced house was originally ...

The Albion Inn, Shooters Hills, Lightwood

The Albion Inn was formerly known as the Brick and Quarry, or Brickmaker's Arms. The building still stands, and is now a private dwelling named April Cottage.

The Albion, 24 Croft Court, Smallthorne

The Albion public house is now detached but originally was the corner building of a terrace in Camp Road. Constructed between 1862 and 1878, it has an enclosed yard with two brick toilet blocks, steel ...