Latest Additions To The Site

Page 56 of 56 1000 Records Found

Classroom, Brownhills High School, Burslem

A typical 1960s classroom. The photograph is of an unidentified 5th form. The original Brownhills Hall School opened in 1927 as an all girls' college, became a grammar school, was completely rebuilt in ...

Moss Hill, Stockton Brook

Edgefields Hall is a large house on Edgefield Lane, Moss Hill in Stockton Brook. According to Bert Bentley, the Victorian house was once the home to a "local toffee king".

The rear of houses on Picton Street, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the corner of Botteslow Street and Commercial Road in Hanley. Commercial Road runs across the bottom of the photograph and becomes Nelson Road. Picton Street was one of ...

A J Wilkinson's Pottery, Irwell Street, Middleport

The front entrance to A J Wilkinson's Pottery in Irwell Street (formerly West Street). West Street was at the bottom of Prospect Street, close to the Trent & Mersey Canal, off Newport Lane. West Street, ...

Fenton Parish Church

Fenton Parish Church (Christchurch) is in Albert Square. To the left of the photograph is Fenton Town Hall, latterly used as a Magistrate's Court and to the right, the War Memorial. Christchurch was ...

Telephone Exchange, Hanley

The old telephone exchange building stands on the corner of Trinity Street and Marsh Street North in Hanley. The four storey brick building was opened in 1900 but has been replaced by the large telecommuncations ...

Wood's Stanley Pottery, Newport Lane, Middleport

Wood & Sons operated the Stanley Pottery in Newport Lane, Middleport. It was bought in 1931 and was made up of two works: Stanley and Crown Potteries which were almost completely rebuilt in 1945 into ...

White Swan Inn, Newport Lane, Middleport

The photograph shows the White Swan Inn at 107 Newport Lane, Middleport where there has been an inn or beerhouse since the 1830s. This building was originally two modest semi-detached houses, which had ...

Trent & Mersey Canal in Middleport

This photograph was taken from the bridge at the bottom of Pidduck Street in Middleport, looking south along the Trent & Mersey Canal. The large buildings in the centre and right are rolling mills at ...

Furlong Lane from Newport Lane, Middleport

The camera is looking northwards along Furlong Lane from the Newport Lane corner. On the left, the first building, then shops, still stands and is offices. Further down on the right hand side are the ...