Latest Additions To The Site

Page 55 of 56 1000 Records Found

Thistley Hough School, Penkhull

The Art Deco buildings of Thistley Hough School seen from the corner of Newcastle Lane and Thistley Hough. Opened in 1938 as a grammar school for girls, taking pupils from Longton Grammar School and Hanley ...

The Villas, Stokeville, Stoke-on-Trent

Number 5 The Villas is a detached "third class house" (see below) next to the centre turning circle. A 2-storeyed Stucco building with concrete tiled roof, Italianate in style. There is a tower at the ...

Hilton Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south along Hilton road from near to the corner of Ashlands Road. The houses going off to the right are at the top of Newcastle Lane. Modern street lights have replaced the 1950s ...

The Greyhound Inn, Manor Court Street, Penkhull.

The Greyhound Inn and neighbouring terraced houses on Manor Court Street (formerly known as Church Street) in Penkhull. Off to the right is St Thomas' Church and Penkhull Green. The Greyhound Inn site ...

The Mount, Penkhull

This is a view of the northern end of The Mount, between Penkhull and Hartshill. The buildings were originally the domestic quarters of Josiah Spode's 1803 mansion. The building became the North Staffordshire ...

The Mount School, Penkhull

The Mount was built by Josiah Spode II around 1803-04. At this time Josiah Spode was the most successful china manufacturer in the area and he bought 17 acres of farmland between Penkhull and Hartshill ...

Penkhull Farm, Penkhull

The duck pond and outbuildings of Penkhull Farm. According to Bert Bentley (the photographer), the horse was "Faithful Mick", one of the last remaining working farm horses. Although much patched up, most ...

Market Passage, Burslem

Market Passage runs off Market Place in Burslem, giving access to the indoor market (sometimes known as St John's Market). The shop on the right was originally the Home & Colonial Store.

An Aerial view of Burslem town centre

The aerial photograph was taken in 1927 and shows Market Place running up the middle with the town Hall on its left. In the bottom left hand corner is Fountain Place with St John's Square off to the ...

Chamberlain Avenue from Hunter's Way, Penkhull

This is the view south eastwards down Chamberlain Avenue from the corner of Hunter's Way. At the bottom of the step bank is London Road in Stoke and Boothen beyond. In the floor of the valley are the ...

Penkhull Square, Penkhull

Penkhull Square was a courtyard of 20 cottages south of Penkhull Church on Trent Valley Road (formerly Trentham Road). The cottages were demolished in the 1960s and stood where the bungalows on Jeremy ...

British Ceramic Research Labs, Queen's Road, Penkhull

This photograph shows the side of the British Ceramics Research Labs building on Queen's Road in Penkhull. The photograph was taken from Franklin Road. The houses on the extreme left are on Queen's Road. ...

St. Thomas's Church, Penkhull

St Thomas's Church from the south. The church stands in the middle of Penkhull, on the site of a school, and dates from the 1840s. Designed by George Gilbert Scott, shortage of money meant that it is ...

The yard, Penkhull Farm, Penkhull

Penkhull Farm opens onto Garden Street, between the buildings on the left. The farm dates from the early 1700s and had nearly 70 acres of land to the south and west (today's Thistley Hough, Meliden Way ...

Penkhull Farm, Penkhull

Penkhull Farm is just to the south of Garden Street in Penkhull. Dating from the early 1700s it covered nearly 70 acres to the south west of Penkhull. The photograph shows the farm and stockyard. The ...

The view south east from Boon Avenue, Penkhull

Looking southeast wards from the heights of Boon Avenue over Stoke towards the spoil tip of Fenton Collieries with Parkhall ,and possibly, Mossfield in the far distance. On the right hand side are two ...

Ashfield Cottage, Penkhull

Ashfield Cottage in Penkhull was the onetime home of W H Goss who operated the Falcon Works. The photograph was taken from Penkhull New Road and also shows the hollow of Goss's old clay pit and a later ...

Penkhull Square courtyard, Penkhull

Penkhull Square was a development of workingman's cottages built by Josiah Spode II around 1800. The square, demolished in the 1960s, was on the west side of Trent Valley Road where Jeremy Close is today. ...