Latest Additions To The Site

Page 54 of 56 1000 Records Found

Potteries Loop Line junction at Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from the Etruria Road (formerly Lord Street) railway bridge and shows the Potteries Loop Line to Hanley going off past Shelton Steel works. The main railway line leads off to ...

Junction of the Caldon and Trent & Mersey Canals at Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the junction of the Trent & Mersey Canal (to the right) with the Caldon Canal (left) at Etruria. On the right is the summit lock (lock 40) of the Trent & Mersey Canal, which at ...

Fowlea Brook at Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north along the course of the Fowlea Brook in Etruria. Off to the right are the furnaces of Shelton Steel Works and in the haze to the left, the winding towers of Wolstanton Colliery. The railway ...

Etruria junction, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking north from the Etruria Road bridge just north of Etruria Station. It shows the junction of the Potteries Loop Line (to the right) with the main line to Manchester (straight ...

Rhyl express at Leek station

At Leek station on 15 June 1957, an unidentified 'Crab' 2-6-0 Mogul works its way to the front of the train, ready to take a trainful of passengers to the coast at Rhyl. The locomotive probably owes ...

Sun Street, Shelton

Looking west along Sun Street from close to the old entrance to Hanley Greyhound Stadium. Clyde Street runs off to the left. On the right, on the corner of Mount Pleasant, is the Shoulder of Mutton public ...

Victoria Square, Hanley

Looking towards the old Victoria Hotel on Victoria Square. Broad Street is to the left and Cannon Place to the right.To the right of the hotel is the old Broad Street Post Office. The white Ford van ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The view from Etruria Station looking south along the up line. On the left are the gas holders of Etruria gasworks. The train of tankers is heading towards Stoke. Etruria Station opened in 1848 by ...

Jesse Shirley's Bone and Flint Mill, Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking from the Lower Bedford Street bridge along the Trent & Mersey canal towards Etruscan Bone & Flint Mill. The canal bends left, to the right is a small canal basin for the mill. The mill was built ...

Mellor's Minerals mill, Etruria Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

Mellor's mill was alongside the Caldon Canal just off Etruria Vale Road. The canal is hidden behind the wall and buildings on the left. This was once the Anderton Canal Company wharf and basin, the bridge ...

Coalbrook and Washington Potteries, Shelton

This photograph was taken from Lawrence Street and shows the rear of the Coalbrook and Washington Potteries which fronted onto College Road in Shelton. The buildings date from the 1880s. Here the bottle ...

Pynest Street, Shelton

Looking east along Pynest Street towards Howard Place and Stoke Road. The terraced houses date from the second half of the 19th Century. These houses have gothic style doors and windows with Minton tiles ...

Raymond Street, Shelton

Looking north along Raymond Street in Shelton, with the old Albert Pottery on the left hand side. The houses on the extreme left are on Shirley Road (now demolished) which also goes off to the right. ...

Robson Street, Hanley

Looking down Robson Street towards the entrance to the Hanley Greyhound and Speedway Stadium (Sun Street Stadium). In the middle distance is one of the gas holders belonging to Etruria gasworks. On the ...

Sheaf Street, Shelton

The camera is looking north east along Sheaf Street which runs parallel to Broad Street. At the bottom is Yates Street, and the photograph was taken from just outside the Wheatsheaf Hotel (off to the ...

St Mark's Street, Shelton

Looking north along St Mark's Street in Shelton with Hanley Greyhound and Speedway Stadium (Sun Street Stadium) at the bottom. Sun Street is the road at the bottom. The houses in this part of the street ...

Bairstow's Pottery, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

P E Bairstow & Co had their works in Mount Pleasant, in the area known as Tinkersclough. The company was founded at the end of the Second World War and initially produced bone china "Fancies Fayre". Later, ...

Aitken Street, Dalehall, Middleport

Aitken Street is a short street off Ellgreave Street in the Dalehall area of Middleport. There are two ceramics related factories in the photograph: Repton Tiles and Ellgreave Pottery (on the right). Repton ...