Latest Additions To The Site

Page 5 of 56 1000 Records Found

Lane Ends Farm and Victoria Colliery tip, Packmoor, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking roughly north east from Lane Ends Farm at the end of Handley Street, near Packmoor. The spoil tip on the right belonged to Victoria (Black Bull) Colliery. The colliery operated between ...

Rodgers Street Church, Goldenhill

The non-conformist church in Rodgers Street (formerly Williamson Street) in Goldenhill. Shannon Drive is off to the left. Christ Church in Goldenhill was founded in 1873 when there was an evangelical ...

Footrail near Gill Bank, Goldenhill

This abandoned footrail (or footrill or adit) was just south of Woodstock Road west of Gill Bank. A footrail was a horizontal or gently sloping passage leading into a shallow mine usually on the side ...

Goldenhill Workingmen's Club, Stoke-on-Trent

The Workingmen's Club in Goldenhill was at number 875 High Street in the 1960s. It later moved to a new site at the corner of High Street and Mobberley Road. On the extreme left hand edge is Stonier's ...

Aubrey Street, Latebrook and Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The short row of houses are on Aubrey Street (formerly Myatt Street) in Latebrook. The camera is looking south from the area of Gill Bank and Gill Bank Road. In then far distance is the site of the Goldendale ...

Biddulph Road, Fegg Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking northwards along Biddulph Road (A527) at the northern end of Fegg Hayes. The bridge in the centre carried the Biddulph Valley Branch railway line. The railway bridge ...

Cottages, Bemersley Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The row of cottages stood in Bemersley Green, on Bemersley Road just south east of Brindley Ford.

Victoria Colliery and Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

The view north from Peck Mill Lane up the Ford Green valley towards Brindley Ford. In the background is Victoria Colliery. Most of the landscape in the photograph has been created through dumping mining ...

The Black Bull Inn, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

The Black Bull public house was on the corner of Bridge Street and Tunstall Road in Brindley Ford. It is nom longer vopen and has been converted into a dwelling. The slag tips on the right are from Robert ...

The Railway Hotel, Outclough Road, Black Bull, Brindley Ford

The Railway Hotel, now demolished, stood on Outclough Road near the Bemersley road corner, just north of Brindley Ford.

Brookhouse Farm, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Brookhouse Farm at the junction of Peck Mill Lane and Outclough Road (formerly High Street). The camera is looking south towards Chatterley Whitfield Colliery's spoil tip and chimney.

Black Bull Station and Victoria Colliery, Brindley Ford

This is a view looking north from Bull Lane towards Victoria Colliery. Black Bull station buildings can be seen on the right hand side. The station was on the now dismantled Biddulph Valley Branch. On ...

Bemersley Farm, Brindley Ford

This is a view east from Hugh Bourne's old Primitive Methodist Chapel in Brindley Ford. The chapel has been demolished. At the top of the path is Bemersley Farm, where Hugh Bourne lived for a time. The ...

A collection of spoil tips.

The view south from the Bemersley Green area with Chatterley Whitfield Colliery spoil tip in the foreground. Beyond that, almost in line, are the tips of Sneyd Colliery, Hanley Deep Pit and Fenton. ...

Caldon Canal at Heakley Hall Farm, Norton Green

A view south west along the Caldon Canal from the bridge near Heakley Hall Farm. The buildings on the skyline are on Norton Lane. The arm of the canal to Norton Green foundry went off to the right between ...

Stoke to Leek railway line near Baddeley Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south west from the bridge over the railway line near Little Heakley Farm. On the extreme right hand edge of the photograph is the top of the spoil tip of Norton Colliery. The factories ...

Lift bridge over the Caldon Canal at Heakley Green, Norton Green

The Norton Green lift bridge (bridge No 21) carries the path leading to Cockshead Cottages over the Caldon Canal west of Baddeley Green. Just beyond the bridge was the start of the arm of the canal that ...

Stanley Pool

The dam at the north west end of Stanley Pool. Built in 1786 as an 8 acre (3¼ hectare) reservoir to supply water for the nearby Caldon Canal, the pool was enlarged to 33 acres (13 hectares) in 1840 ...