Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 12 216 Records Found

Forster Street, Tunstall

The camera is looking south east along Forster Street towards Tower Square and the photograph was taken from the Roundwell Street corner. The large building on the right is Forster Street School. The ...

Fulford Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of the schools at Fulford, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Greasley Road, Abbey Hulton

The present Abbey Hill School under construction in 1964. Built originally as a Special School it is now part of the Special Schools Co-operative Trust. The school occupies a site at the south eastern ...

Greenway Hall Road, Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north west from Greenway Hall Road over Norton Green towards the waste tip at Chatterley Whitfield. In the bottom right hand corner are the buildings of Greenways Primary School and in the left ...

Grenville Pottery, Tunstall

Grenville Pottery was between Watergate Street and George Street in Tunstall in, roughly, the area now occupied by St Mary's Church of England Primary School. The photograph was taken looking northwards ...

Grove Secondary School, Northwood, Hanley

Grove Secondary School is on Keelings Road between Turner Street (in the photograph) and Myatt Street (to the left, out of shot). The school arose out of the reorganisation of city schools in 1932, using ...

Hamilton Infants School, Birches Head, Hanley

Hamilton Infants School, founded in 1913, is on Barthomley Road (formerly Hamilton Road) in Birches Head. The buildings in the foreground have been demolished and a new school built. In the background ...

Hanford & Trentham Primary School, Hanford

The classroom buildings on the south east side of the former Hanford and Trentham Primary School, later the Priory Church of England Primary School. The photograph was taken from the end of Jubilee Road....

Hanford School, Church Lane, Hanford.

This building was originally a church but is currently used as a Youth and Adult Centre and library. It was constructed between 1832 and 1878. This photograph shows the front view of the school.

Hanford School, Church Lane, Hanford.

This building was originally constructed as a church between 1832 and 1878. It is now used as a Youth and Adult Centre and library. This photograph shows a side view of the building including the bell ...

Hanley High School and the Causley Brook, Hanley

In the foreground is the valley of the Causley Brook with the relocated Hanley High School buildings in the background. Opened in 1952 the school was on Corneville Road. The buildings have been demolished. This ...

Hanley High School, Bucknall

A photograph of the south side of Hanley high School on Corneville Road in Bucknall. Originally a coeducational school in the centre of Hanley, a new boys grammar school was built Bucknall in 1952. This ...

Harpfields Infants School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the front of Harpfields Infants School on Hartshill Road. The building stood on the corner of Hartshill Road and Palmers Green. Harpfields County Infants School opened in 1872. It ...

Hartshill Church of England School, Vicarage Road, Stoke-on-Trent

This plan is of Hartshill Church of England School in Vicerage Road. Diagrams (from top): - Front of the school - Section through the building This diagram was created in 1982 during the Stoke-on-Trent ...

Hem Heath Junior Schools, Blurton

Hem Heath Junior and Infants' Schools were opened in 1958/59 at the northern end of Magdalen Road in Blurton. The site is now the Kemball School. In the background are the tops of the two winding towers ...

Heron Cross Infant's School, Fenton

This school was on Claud Street, just off Grove Road in Heron Cross. The building dates from 1911/12 and was formerly a Wesleyan Methodist School. The lamp standard in the foreground still has the old ...

Heron Cross Secondary School, Fenton

Heron Cross County Secondary School stood on Grove Road at the corner of Claud Street. the school dates from 1932 and the amalgamation of junior and secondary schools. Today the buildings are part of ...

High Grove House, Rookery Lane, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

High Grove House was built sometime before the 1820s and was once the home of the actor and London and Hanley theatre owner, Charles Elpinstone. He lived here from around 1904 until 1931. Soon afterwards ...