Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 5 of 112 2000 Records Found

Ash Tray

Glazed Stoneware. H. 3.8 x W.7.9 cm. Small stoneware ash tray, thrown and turned by Katharine Pleydell-Bouverie at Cole Pottery. Green thorn ash glaze on the interior, the exterior is unglazed with ...

Ash tray

1979.P.6. 1970-1979. Glazed and gilded earthenware. L : 4 ¾". Decorated with all over speckled glaze with gilded details. Made by Carlton Ware, Stoke-upon-Trent.

Ashdale Pottery.

Pottery factory exterior including bottle ovens. Taken at Ashdale Pottery, Short Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. This view includes the North Staffs Electric Company. Taken from the Gladstone ...

Astra Pottery, 88-90 Harper Street, Burslem

This building is a two storey commercial pottery manufactory and was constructed in red flemish facing brick with a plain tile pitched roof. The first floor has a very large double door, iron lintel and ...

At a Meeting - Document from the Enoch Wood Scrapbook

Post in the Potteries - 1801 In 1801 a national postal system using a fleet of coaches was growing in coverage but still did not directly serve the Potteries. Many towns and cities not served by ...

At the Roe-Buck in Newcastle - Minutes of a Meeting to discuss the building of new branch canals. From the Enoch Wood scrapbook.

At the Roe-Buck in Newcastle a group of prominent men have gathered to discuss the plans for new branch canals connecting Hanley, Shelton, Burslem and Lane End. The men include local pottery manufacturers ...

Avoca Street, Hanley

The camera is looking south east along Avoca Street and into Rawlins Street beyond. This is in the Northwood area of Hanley. Before the renaming of streets in the 1950s, Avoca was Taylor Street and Rawlins ...

Aynsley china factory, Sutherland Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent

This plan is of the Aynsley China factory on Sutherland Road, which was built in 1861 and is still standing. Aynsley have been manufacturing pottery in Longton since 1775 and today produce a range of ...

Aynsley China Ltd. Portland Works, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph of Aynsley China's Portland Works in Sutherland Road, Longton was taken in 1975. Aynsley have been maufacturing pottery in Longton since 1775 and continue to produce a range of modern ...

Back Alley in Fenton

The camera is looking along the alleyway between the terraced houses on Best Street (left) and Fenpark Road (right). Park Lane runs across the foreground. The mound in the distance is the spoil tip of ...

Backfold Farm, Foundry Square, Burslem

A rectangular, two storey farmhouse with projections at front and rear. The plain tiled roof has three blue brick stacks and caps with two pots per stack. Constructed in dressed stone and common brick ...

Backstamp

Gladstone China backstamp.

Backstamping.

Pottery factory interior showing a female worker in the process of backstamping plates. The backstamp is the pottery maker's mark or logo. Taken at Alfred Meakin Ltd., Royal Albert Pottery, Tunstall, ...

Bagnall Street, Longton

The factories opposite the east end of St James's Church. Bagnall Street was renamed Chelson Street in the 1950s.

Bairstow's Pottery, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

P E Bairstow & Co had their works in Mount Pleasant, in the area known as Tinkersclough. The company was founded at the end of the Second World War and initially produced bone china "Fancies Fayre". Later, ...

Baiting at the last firing, Sutherland Works, Longton

Pottery factory interior depicting volunteer Paul Nibblett 'baiting' or stoking fires at the Sutherland Works, Normacot Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. This was the last ever firing at the factory. Formed ...

Ball Green War Memorial, Stoke-on-Trent

Alsio known as the Whitfield memorial, Ball Green War memorial stood at the junction of Wilding Road (right) and Whitfield Road in Ball Green. It was moved to a new site in Ball Green in 1964, just after ...

Balmoral Works, Longton

Photograph taken from near the new railway bridge. The Balmoral Works were occupied by porcelain manufacturers Redfern & Drakeford between about 1902 and 1933.