Theme Explorer

Page 5 of 5 86 Records Found

St. Peter's Church, Caverswall

The nave arcade. The Church of St Peter in Caverswall is mostly late 12th century, with a 13th century arcade and a Perpendicular west tower. Some rebuilding, including the clerestory, took place in ...

St. Peter's Church, Caverswall

The south side of the church. The Church of St Peter in Caverswall is mostly late 12th century, with a 13th century arcade and a Perpendicular west tower. Some rebuilding, including the clerestory, took ...

St. Peter's Church, Caverswall.

The interior, looking towards the chancel. The Church of St Peter in Caverswall is mostly late 12th century, with a 13th century arcade and a Perpendicular west tower. Some rebuilding, including the ...

St. Saviours (Church of England), Ford Green Road

This church has a rectangular plan and is stone bulit with stone skirting and a pitched roof. The large front wooden door has a chafered stone architrave, stone steps, and gargoyles resting up on top. ...

St. Thomas's Church, Penkhull

St Thomas's Church from the south. The church stands in the middle of Penkhull, on the site of a school, and dates from the 1840s. Designed by George Gilbert Scott, shortage of money meant that it is ...

St.Peter's ad Vincula, Gelbe Street, Stoke

This plan shows the front and back of St.Peter's church and the gallery. The church was constructed between 1826 and 1830 and is a fine example of gothic architecture. Diagrams (clockwise from top left): - ...

The Old Vicarage, Normacot

The building the Vicarage occupied was formerly the Furnace Inn. In the background can be seen the Church of the Holy Evangelists.

The Reverend Hipkins and family, Normacot

Pictured with his wife and grandson, Reverend E. Hipkins was vicar of the Church of Holy Evangelists in Normacot from 1892 to 1929.

The view from Grove Road, Fenton

The camera is looking north east from the western end of Grove Road. In the foreground is the old recreation ground in Mount Pleasant and beyond, hidden in the dip, Smith's Pool. To the right hand side ...

Upper Normacot Road, Normacot

Looking south: Normacot Church of England School is on the left, the Church of Holy Evangelists on belgrave Road is ahead. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was designed by George ...

Upper Normacot Road, Normacot

Photograph taken looking south towards the Church of Holy Evangelists. A very faded print. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was designed by George Gilbert Scott, and paid for by ...

Upper Normacot Road, Normacot

Looking south: Normacot Church of England School is on the left, the Church of Holy Evangelists on belgrave Road is ahead. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was designed by George ...

Victoria Square and St Mark's Church, Shelton

The camera is looking southwards along Broad Street from near the top of Victoria Square. St Mark's Church, with its 120 foot tower, is the largest church in the city. It was built in the 1830s to serve ...

Watery Lane, Normacot

Photograph taken looking north, the church of Holy Evangelists can be seen in the distance. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was designed by George Gilbert Scott, and paid for by ...