Latest Additions To The Site

Page 4 of 56 1000 Records Found

Cottages, Bemersley Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The row of cottages stood in Bemersley Green, on Bemersley Road just south east of Brindley Ford.

Canal lift bridge, Ivy House Road, Hanley

This lift or draw bridge (number 11) carries Ivy House Road over the Caldon Canal. Over the bridge to the left, and alongside the canal, was J & G Meakin's Eagle Pottery. Demolished in 2005, the land ...

Burnwood Schools, Chell

The photograph shows Burnwood Secondary, Junior and Nursery Schools. the photograph was taken from Chell heath Road. The houses on the left are on Salkeld Place.

Biddulph Road, Fegg Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking northwards along Biddulph Road (A527) at the northern end of Fegg Hayes. The bridge in the centre carried the Biddulph Valley Branch railway line. The railway bridge ...

Hanley Station

Hanley Station was just north of Trinity Street, alongside the old Grand Hotel. This the second Hanley Station, built when the loop line was extended to Burslem in 1873. The first was just south of Trinity ...

Fegg Hayes Road and Chatterley Whitfield Colliery, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking east along Fegg Hayes Road towards Chatterley Whitfield Colliery. Oxford Road is at the end. Fegg Hayes Road was originally called North Parade. On the right edge is the entrance to the Lear ...

Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School, Chell Heath

Burnwood Nursery, Infants and Junior School was on the corner of Bishop Road and Chell Heath Road. The school has been demolished and replaced by Stoke on Trent North Children's Centre. Burnwood County ...

Bethesda Schoolrooms, Hanley

The photograph shows the western end of Alexander House, the former Methodist Sunday School of the neighbouring Bethesda Chapel. The gable end has a tablet in the pediment "Bethesda School, erected MDCCCXIX ...

Bethesda New Connexion Methodist Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel is an example of a large 19th-century town chapel. The building, which dates largely from 1819, was constructed by newly emerging the Methodist New Connexion on the site of an earlier ...

Bethesda New Connexion Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

This building dates from 1819 and the frontage from 1859. The land upon which Bethesda stands was first purchased in 1791, as a direct response to the emergence of the New Connexion and the need to make ...

Hanley Town Hall

This view from Pall Mall into Albion Street and Albion Square is dominated by Hanley Town Hall. Bagnall Street runs off to the right alongside the hall leading to the adjoining Victoria Hall. The Hanley ...

Werburgh Drive, Trentham

The view west along Werburgh Drive from New Inn Lane. the photograph was taken not after the estate of houses was developed in the 1960s. This are was open space until the 1950s and the Trentham Park ...

The stables, Trentham Hall

Trentham Hall stables yard off Park Drive.

Staffordshire Water Board Offices, Albion Street, Hanley

The building with the flag pole was the Staffordshire Potteries Water Board offices at 37 Albion Street and the neighbouring building on the corner of Bethesda Street and Albion Street was originally ...

The District Bank building, Trentham Road, Trentham

The District Bank building stood at the junction of Barlaston Old Road and Trentham Road. The Italianate style building later became a branch of Nat West Bank. Behind to the right is Trentham Methodist ...

The demolition of Hanley High School.

Hanley Higher Grade School was opened in 1893, renamed Hanley Municipal Secondary School in 1905 becoming Hanley High School in 1924. the school became a "boys only grammar school" in 1938 when the girls ...

The coach yard, Trentham Hall

The coach yard was part of the riding school complex developed by Charles Barry in the 1840s. It is part of the final phase of building at Trentham Hall.

The apiary, Trentham Hall

One of the outbuildings linked with Trentham Hall: the apiary. The apiary was to the east of Park drive. here the estate beehives were kept.