Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 5 78 Records Found

Shropshire Union Railway and Canal Company wharf Buildings, Burslem Branch Canal

This plan shows the wharf building owned by the Shropshire Union Railway and Canal Company. The building sat on the Burslem branch of the Trent and Mersey canal which has since been filled in, although ...

Signal box. Ford Green, Stoke-on-Trent

Situated on the Biddulph Valley branch line of the N.S.R. this former signal box was very important. The line stretched from the main line at Stoke to rejoin it at Congleton via Milton Junction. To the ...

Stanley Road, Stockton Brook

Looking east along Stanley road from the junction with Leek Road (A53). On the extreme left is the edge of the booking hall building at Stockton Brook Station, inn use as a shop. The Joules public house ...

Steam Locomotive, Longton

A steam locomotive can be seen crossing over Bridgewood Street, Longton.

Stockton Brook Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The booking Hall for Stockton Brook Station was on the A53 Leek New Road near the junction with Stanley Road. On the Stoke to Leek branch, Stockton Brook Station was opened in1896, some thirty years after ...

Stoke Roundhouse, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the locomotive yard at Stoke Roundhouse in Stoke-on-Trent and the men standing around the engine are likely to be locomotive engineers and company managers. If you look closely you can see that ...

Stoke Steam Shed.

The North Staffordshire Railway Company (The Knotty) built and repaired their own steam engines. A variety of tank engines are undergoing work here around 1910. The shed was located to the south of Stoke-on-Trent ...

Stoke Train Station, Station Road, Stoke.

This view from Glebe Street bridge towards the station in Station Road is relatively unchanged. The buildings on the right have been replaced with the railway car park. The office building on the left ...

Stoke-on-Trent Railway Station

This plan shows the front of Stoke-on-Trent railway station.The outer face of the railway station has remained virtually unchanged since it was built but the interior underwent some major modifications ...

The Bradwell Oak Inn, Longbridge Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

The Bradwell Oak public house was at the eastern end of Peel Street next to the railway line. In the left hand corner of the photograph is the Longport Junction signal box which controlled access to the ...

The site of Trentham Park railway station

Trentham Park railway station was at the end on the short (1 1/2 mile) branch line which ran from Trentham Station on the main line. Opened in 1910 the station had regular trains until the 1930s but was ...

The station and gasworks, Longton

Photograph taken looking east, St. James's church can be seen in the distance. The entrance to the yard was by Murdoch St. This is the now site of the Tesco super store and car park.

The Strand, Longton.

An electric tramcar of the Potteries Electric Traction Company heads down the Strand towards the railway bridge and station. The chapel on the left was demolished shortly after this photograph was taken. ...

Trentham Station

The up side of Trentham Station and the entrance from Hem Heath Colliery. On this side is just a small waiting room ( the single storey building on the left), on the down side are the main station offices, ...

Trentham Station

This was the view from Trentham Station, looking north towards Stoke, taken from under the bridge that carried Trentham Road over the railway line. The Trentham Park branch (to Trentham Gardens) went ...

Tunstall Station

Tunstall Station pictured just after closure in 1964. Tunstall was a station on the Potteries Loop Line. Opened in December 1873, it was closed when the loop line closed in March 1964. The camera was ...

Tunstall Station and goods yard

This is a view from the Boulevard near bridge over the Loop Line at Tunstall Station just before the station and line were closed. The camera is looking south towards Burslem, the next station on the ...

Up platform, Stoke-on-Trent Railway Station

The view from the south end of the up (southbound) platform of Stoke Station. The photograph was taken before electrification in 1967, and before the four tracks were reduced to two. On the right of the ...