Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 7 109 Records Found

Newchapel & Goldenhill Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Newchapel & Goldenhill station was on the Potteries Loop Line between the two settlements of Newchapel (to the north)and Goldenhill (to the south). The station was opened in 1874 and originally known ...

Newfield branch line in Tunstall

Looking north along the Newfield mineral line branch from the bridge over Furlong Road and the line curves away to the right to end at Newfield Wharf. The houses on the right are on Greenfield Road. Clanway ...

Newfield Wharf, Tunstall

Newfield Wharf was at the end of the Newfield mineral ranch off the Potteries Loop Line. The line ended just north of Adams Avenue and stopped short of High Street. Originally built to carry raw materials ...

Newfields Junction on the Potteries Loop Line, Tunstall

The photograph was taken from the bottom of Machin Street in Tunstall, looking north along the Potteries Loop Line. The single track Newfield mineral branch goes off to the left to Newfield Wharf. The ...

Newfields Wharf, Tunstall

Newfields Wharf was at the end of the short Newfields branch off the Potteries Loop Line. In the background are buildings on High Street, Sandyford. The photograph was taken from the railway bridge in ...

Normacot Station

A commercial postcard showing a North Staffordshire Railway train at Normacot Station, looking towards Derby. Normacot Station stood on the N.S.R. Uttoxeter branch line and was opened in 1882. It closed ...

Normacot Station

Photograph taken from the old railway bridge (now demolished). The station can be seen faintly in the distance. Normacot Station stood on the N.S.R. Uttoxeter branch line and was opened in 1882. It closed ...

Normacot Station

The station house is on the left. Normacot Station stood on the N.S.R. Uttoxeter branch line and was opened in 1882. It closed to goods in October 1961 and to passengers in March 1964, and has since ...

North Stafford Hotel, Stoke upon Trent

Today's North Stafford Hotel faces Stoke station across Station Road and was originally called The Railway Hotel. The hotel and the station were designed and built together and the hotel opened for business ...

North Staffordshire Railway locomotive and crew

Rushton station, around 1915. There would appear to be more than the required crew compliment for this engine! This image is featured by kind permission of the Churnet Valley Railway.

North Staffordshire Railway staff

Train crew and station staff of the North Staffordshire Railway pose for the camera in front of their locomotive. Three of the pictured staff are teenagers, who would have begun their careers after ...

North Staffordshire Railway steam locomotive

A North Staffordshire Railway 2-4-2 steam locomotive, pictured in around 1900. This engine would have been built at the North staffordshire Railway's own works at Stoke. This image is featured by ...

North Staffordshire Railway steam locomotive

North Staffordshire Railway 2-4-0 steam locomotive number 46 stands at Uttoxeter station in 1900. This image is featured by kind permission of the Churnet Valley Railway.

North Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view under the railway bridge in North Street from Shelton New Road. The North Staffordshire Railway's original Act of 26 June 1846 included a provision for building a branch line from Stoke ...

Norton Colliery spoil tip from Burslem Golf Course

The view south east from Burslem Golf Course over the Ford Green Valley towards Norton Colliery spoil tip. Running through the middle of the photograph is the embankment of the Biddulph Vally branch line, ...

Oakamoor railway station

Oakamoor railway station lies disused and overgrown in summer 1973. Designed by A.W.N. Pugin, this style of architecture was a signature of the North Staffordshire Railway. Varying examples of outstanding ...

Oakamoor railway station

Oakamoor railway station, pictured during the 1950s. Designed by A.W.N. Pugin, this style of architecture was a signature of the North Staffordshire Railway. Varying examples of outstanding NSR ...

On the corner of Pinnox Street and Scotia Road, Tunstall

The camera is looking west along Pinnox Street from the junction with Scotia Road. The bridge (now demolished) in the foreground carried the Potteries Loop Line over Pinnox Street. The "half timbered" ...