Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 10 179 Records Found

Liverpool Road and The Denbigh Castle, Stoke-on-Trent

A view south along Liverpool Road, Stoke from its junction with Shelton Old Road. Shelton Old Road is on the right, with the learner driver in the Standard 8 car entering Liverpool Road. In between the ...

Lloyd's Tavern, 32 Market Place, Burslem

This three storey public house was constucted before 1832. It is three rooms wide by two rooms deep. The ground floor is had modern tiling with the door and windows also having tiled lintels and sills. ...

Longton Road, Rough Close. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Longton Road, Rough Close, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The Swynnerton Arms public house and a horse and cart can be seen in the distance.

Lord John Russell, Trentham Road, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent

The Lord John Russell was a large public house that stood on the corner of Trentham Road and Belgrave Road, Dresden. Shortly after this photograph was taken traffic lights were installed. During the late ...

Mayne Street, Hanford

A view south along Mayne Street from close to its junction with Church Lane. Immediately to the right is the junction with Stone Road (A34). The houses and cottages on the left still stand although the ...

Mayne Street, Hanford

A view north along Mayne Street, formerly High Street, Hanford. Coming in from the right is Wilson Road. In the centre right of the photograph is the traditional sign of The Abercrombie public house, ...

Meir heath, The Cross Roads. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the cross roads at Meir Heath, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The picture was taken from Hilderstone Road and the Windmill public house can be seen on the right.

Meir Heath. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of the windmill and Windmill Pub at Meir Heath, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Meir, Broadway. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near to where ...

Miner's Arms, 125 Millrise Road, Milton

The Miner's Arms in Milton stands on Millrise Road, formerly known as Market Street. It was constructed between 1843 and 1862 and is two rooms wide by one room deep with a two storey rear projection. ...

Miners Arms, Packmoor.

Regulars enjoy a pint at the Miners Arms in Packmoor. The gentleman on the left is Mr G. Hesketh, the landlord. During the early twentieth century there were at least eight collieries working the ...

Nantwich, Cheshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Nantwich, Cheshire. This view includes a mock tudor building.

New Inn, 50 Market Place / Fountain Place, Burslem

This public house is believed to have been constructed before 1832. It stands in the Market Place in Burslem town centre. It is a two storey building, three rooms wide by two rooms deep.

Newcastle Street, Middleport

The photograph shows the view west along Newcastle Street, up the hill towards Burslem. St Paul Street on the left lead to St Paul's Church. The buildings just beyond and along it have been demolished ...

Noah's Ark, Hartshill Road, Hartshill

This large, detached public house was built c.1780. It has various three and two storey attached buildings. Modifications are extensive including garages to the rear of the property. The pub stands ...

Normacot Road, Longton

Houses being demolished on Normacot Road. Photograph taken from the end of New Church. The front window of the Ring o' Bells public house is pictured to the right.

Normacot Road, Longton

Photograph taken looking to the west. The Wheat Sheaf public house is in the distance on the left.

Normacot Road, Longton

The Wheat Sheaf Inn (64 Normacot Road) is pictured.