Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Stately Homes & Large Country Houses
Page 4 of 5 86 Records Found

Pillaton Old Hall, Penkridge. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Pillaton Old Hall, Penkridge, showing the chapel.

Porch at Whitmore Hall. Photographed by William Blake.

The porch to Whitmore Hall, built in 1676. Whitmore Hall is a timber framed house that was enlarged and encased in brick in the 16th century. The Hall has been owned by the Mainwaring family for hundreds ...

The apiary, Trentham Hall

One of the outbuildings linked with Trentham Hall: the apiary. The apiary was to the east of Park drive. here the estate beehives were kept.

The coach yard, Trentham Hall

The coach yard was part of the riding school complex developed by Charles Barry in the 1840s. It is part of the final phase of building at Trentham Hall.

The coachyard and clock tower, Trentham Hall

Looking east from outside Trentham Church towards the coach yard and estate clock tower. The lawned area in the foreground was part of Charles Barry's terrace. On the right is the end of the sculpture ...

The coachyard, sculpture gallery and clocktower, Trentham Hall

The back of the Trentham Hall. The sculpture gallery is on the right with the estate clock tower in the centre. In the foreground is part of the original hall courtyard and riding school. This was the ...

The Drive, Biddulph Old Hall. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the driveway at Biddulph Old Hall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The manor House, Ipstones. Photographed by William Blake.

Exterior view of the Manor House at Ipstones, Nr. Leek, Stafforshire. This view includes a motor car from the period.

The Manor House, Ipstones. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape including the Manor House at Ipstones, Staffordshire. A group of women can be seen posing for the photograph.

The Manor House, Ipstones. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Manor House at Ipstones, Nr. Leek, Staffordshire.

The Manor House. Ipstones. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape with a view of the Manor House at Ipstones, Nr. Leek, Staffordshire.

The Mansion, Cheadle

A view of the Mansion, which stood on Mill Road, Cheadle. It was built in 1869 for colliery owner Robert Plant (1841-1902). It was demolished in 1978 and Mansion Close marks the site of the house. ...

The stables, Trentham Hall

Trentham Hall stables yard off Park Drive.

Trentham estate

Photograph taken from the tower of St. Mary's & All Saints Church, Trentham, showing the service buildings at Trentham Hall. Stone Road (the A34) can be seen in the top right hand corner.

Trentham Gardens

The remains of Trentham Hall beyond the Italianate Gardens. On the right is the sculpture gallery which is part of Charles Barry's 1840s rebuilding of the clock tower, riding school and stableyard complex. ...

Trentham Gardens

Looking north from the top of the lake towards the Italian gardens, the remains of Trentham Hall (the 1808 Orangery) and Trentham Church (St Marys and All Saints).

Trentham Hall

View of Trentham Hall, near Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The original hall was erected in the 1630s for the Duke of Sutherland. It was redesigned in an Italian style during the nineteenth century. The ...

Trentham Hall

Photograph taken from the gardens, looking north-west. The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century ...