Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 4 of 11 185 Records Found

Ford Green Wesleyan Chapel, Stoke-on-Trent

The Wesleyan Chapel on Ford Green Road at the corner with Regina Street. The chapel was built in 1867 but has been demolished and the sire cleared. Regina Street was called Victoria Street until the 1950s. ...

Forsbrook Village. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Forsbrook, Staffordshire.

Fountain Place Pottery, Westport Road, Burslem

The camera is looking down Westport road from Fountain Place in Burslem. On the left, Alcock's cycle and television shop used to be the corner frontage to Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery works. To ...

Fountain Square and Stafford Street, Hanley

Looking across the old Fountain Square roundabout towards Stafford Street. Piccadilly goes off to the left, with Batchelors (coats and costumes) shop on the corner. Next door is Stead & Simpson's shoe ...

Fountain Square from Stafford Street, Hanley

This was the view north from Stafford Street into Fountain Square with Market Square visible beyond. Now pedestrianised, there is no longer a roundabout in the square. The shops on the left (Willerbys ...

Fountain Square, Hanley

The camera is looking across Fountain Square towards Tontine square with Tontine Street in the distance. The area is now pedestrianized, so has lost the roundabout, traffic and array of road signs. The ...

Frank Street, Stoke-upon-Trent

A large house at the Corner of Frank Street and London Road, Stoke-upon-Trent. The main entrance way has the date MDCCCXCV (1895) and the name "Olicana" over the door. In 1910 Olicana House was occupied ...

Furlong Tile Works, Newport Lane, Middleport

The Furlong Tile Works was on the east side of Newport Lane just before the junction with Furlong Lane. Just beyond the works is the White Swan public house which was originally two small houses until ...

Geen Street, Stoke upon Trent.

The view along Geen Street (formerly St Anne Street) from Hartshill Road. The two corner shop buildings still remain, but the terrace of houses on the left has been cleared and replaced with flats and ...

Gold Street, Longton

Photograph taken looking towards the Bennett Precinct.

Granville Street, Mount Pleasant, Fenton

The camera is looking east along Clarendon Street from near the corner with Sutherland Road. Clarendon Street was known as Granville Street until the 1950s. At the top is the signal box on the Stoke to ...

Hamil Road Tile Centre, 279 Hamil Road, Burslem

A two storey terraced house used as a dwelling as well as its shop function. The building has a plain tiled roof with a single chimney stack plus cap. Constructed in red flemish bond brickwork, modern ...

Hartshill Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking westwards along Hartshill Road from the junction with The Avenue (off to the left). The line of shop buildings has hardly changed: the Cooperative store is just as it was and the street is a mixture ...

Heath's Passage, Longton

Photograph taken from Warren Street, looking west. St. James's Church can be seen. St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson ...

High Street, Longton

Photograph taken looking south-east. Lloyd's Bank can be seen.

High Street, Tunstall

The photograph was taken from close to Christ Church (on the left), looking south towards the centre of the town. On the right, on the corner of King Street (now renamed Madison Street) is The Cheshire ...

Hilderstone. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Hilderstone, Staffordshire. The photograph includes children playing outside a shop, which has a number of product advertisments placed on its walls and front. Christ Church ...

Hillchurch Street, Hanley

Hillchurch Street was previously know as Church Street and is now divided into Hillchurch Street and Upper Hillchurch Street by the A50 Potteries Way. Baxter Street (formerly Gladstone Street) is going ...