Latest Additions To The Site

Page 3 of 56 1000 Records Found

Barber's Picture Palace in Hose Street, Tunstall.

Looking along Hose Street towards Roundwell Street with George Barber's cinema on the right hand side. Barber opened the first cinema in the Potteries in Station Road in 1909 and this, "The Regent", in ...

High Lane, Tunstall

The view north along High Lane (A5272) at the junction with Little Chell Lane (to the left) and Sprink Bank Road (to the right).

Ridgway's Pottery, High Street, Tunstall

Ridgways was one of the largest combines, formed in 1955, with eight factories in North Staffordshire. The Ridgway's pottery on High Street in Tunstall was previously Booth's Church Bank Pottery, built ...

William Adams Pottery in Furlong Road, Tunstall.

The Greenfield Pottery in Furlong Road dates originally from around 1818 but was largely rebuilt in the 1920s. It is was built by the William Adams family, a large family of Tunstall potters. The works ...

Swan Pottery from Hunt Street, Tunstall

Swan Pottery was on High Street Tunstall, this is a view of the yard and workshops from Hunt Street. The works was originally the Britannia Black works, owned by Colclough and Lingard from around 1867. ...

Pinnox sidings, Tunstall

The view south from the Greenbank Road railway bridge towards Pinnox Sidings and Scotia Road. The tower of St Paul's Church, Burslem is just to the left of the centre chimney. Pinnox sidings served ...

Ladywell Road, Tunstall

At the time of the photograph, this was the eastern end of Sneyd Street, which was renamed Ladywell Road in the 1950s. The photograph was taken looking north west near the corner of Wesley Street. On ...

Grenville Pottery, Tunstall

Grenville Pottery was between Watergate Street and George Street in Tunstall in, roughly, the area now occupied by St Mary's Church of England Primary School. The photograph was taken looking northwards ...

Forster Street, Tunstall

The camera is looking south east along Forster Street towards Tower Square and the photograph was taken from the Roundwell Street corner. The large building on the right is Forster Street School. The ...

Farndale Street, Tunstall

The view west along Farndale Street from Wesley Street in what Bert Bentley described as "light very poor". This part of Farndale Street was been demolished and no trace remains. Farndale Street was ...

Connaught Street, Tunstall

The corner of Connaught Street (originally named Albert Street) and Tunstall High Street (on the right). The Glass & Pottery Company' main premises were just on the corner, at 23 High Street. They ...

Connaught Street, Tunstall

The view east along Connaught Street (the name changed from Albert Street in the 1950s) from Harewood Street. Tunstall High Street is at the far end. Princess Street goes off to the right, just in front ...

Alfred Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery, Tunstall

Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery was on Tunstall High Street occupying the land between Bank Street and Parsonage Street. The photograph is looking south along High Street. Meakin's took over an existing ...

Adams pottery factory, Furlong Road, Tunstall

The photograph shows the Greengates Pottery Works of William Adams & Sons in Furlong Road. The works was at the eastern end close Tunstall High Street (just to the right). William Adams opened a factory, ...

Benson Street, Pitts Hill, Tunstall

Looking east along Benson Street (formerly New Street) in Pitts Hill. The photograph was taken from the corner of St Michaels Road (formerly High Street). On the right is the former Tunstall Primitive ...

Christ Church, Tunstall

Christ Church Tunstall seen from Furlong Road. Built in 1831, with later additions. This is a Commissioner's Church, having been built with money provided by Parliament under the Church Building Acts. ...

Village store and coffee house, Oakamoor

During the 1890s, this building doubled as both a village store and coffee house, serving the village of Oakamoor. It must have been quite a novelty for such a small village to have a coffee house; ...

Victoria Colliery, Black Bull, Stoke-on-Trent

No 2 upcast shaft at Victoria Colliery, also known as Black Bull after the nearby village, opened in 1857 and closed in 1982. The upcast shaft acted like a chimney being used to draw spent or foul air ...