Theme Explorer

Start Again > Agriculture & Countryside > Farming > Farm Houses & Farm Yards
Page 3 of 3 52 Records Found

Looking west from Hollywall Lane, Goldenhill

The view west from Hollywall Lane over the entrance to the old Harecastle railway tunnel. The houses in the foreground are on Boathorse Road (or Lane) and beyond the house and barns of Yeld Hill Farm. ...

New Park Farm, Trentham

New Park Farm was sandwiched between the Trent & Mersey Canal to the west and the main railway line to the east. The lane in front of the house leads to the Limekiln Bridge over the canal. The land has ...

Norton Green New Hall

Norton Green New Hall stands on Endon Road in Norton Green. Immediately behind is the original Norton Green Hall, a Grade II listed building. The old hall is a late 17th century brick farmhouse which ...

Park Farm, Fenton Park

Park Farm in the Fenton Park area is marked on the 1898 Ordnance Survey Map as an "engine house". The old chain tramway connecting Victoria and Fenton Park Collieries with Victoria Square in Fenton ran ...

Penkhull Farm, Penkhull

Penkhull Farm is just to the south of Garden Street in Penkhull. Dating from the early 1700s it covered nearly 70 acres to the south west of Penkhull. The photograph shows the farm and stockyard. The ...

Penkhull Farm, Penkhull

The duck pond and outbuildings of Penkhull Farm. According to Bert Bentley (the photographer), the horse was "Faithful Mick", one of the last remaining working farm horses. Although much patched up, most ...

Pool House Farm, Bucknall

The farm house dates from the 18th Century. Water, electricity and a telephone were first connected in 1956. Behind the farm, alongside sawmills, was Bucknall Station Alongside, out of shot, was a ...

Primrose Hill Farm, Hanford

The photograph shows the west side of cottages on Primrose Hill Farm in Hanford. Although the farm has disappeared, much of the open land and fields around Primrose Hill remain.

Primrose Hill Farm, Hanford

The farmhouse stood on Primrose Hill in Hanford. The farmhouse and buildings have been demolished.

Rectory Farm, Checkley. Photographed by William Blake.

The Rectory Farm, Checkley, Staffordshire.

South Cocknage Farm , Lightwood

South Hanford Farm, Primrose Hill, Hanford

This substantial farmhouse stood just south of Back Lane, now Wilson Road, near to the junction with Church Lane. The farm buildings and yard have been redeveloped for housing.

The yard, Penkhull Farm, Penkhull

Penkhull Farm opens onto Garden Street, between the buildings on the left. The farm dates from the early 1700s and had nearly 70 acres of land to the south and west (today's Thistley Hough, Meliden Way ...

Trotting cart at Mill Farm, Abbey Hulton

The photograph shows George B (the horse) in a sulky horse racing chariot with the driver, Ann Whieldon. A sulky is a lightweight two-wheeled cart with just a driver's seat. According to Bert Bentley ...

Turkeys at Great Eaves Farm, Bucknall

Great Eaves Farm lies on the City boundary in Eaves Lane. The fam dates back to the 1680s. Bert Bentley was very keen top, point out that the farmer, in 1964 a Mrs Hughes, " ...breeds 50 turkeys every ...

Yew Tree Farm, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Yew Tree farmhouse was on Church Lane (now Elgood Lane) behind St John's Church graveyard. Yew Tree Farm has a long history and was the home of the Bourne family in the 16th century. The house and part ...