Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 10 179 Records Found

Gardener's Retreat public house, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

The Gardener's Retreat is just off Sideway Road in Boothen. There is a large beer garden area to the front. Parked outside is a three wheeler car. Is it an early example of an invalid car?

Goldenhill High Street from Colclough Lane, Stoke-on-Trent

The view north along Goldenhill High Street from the corner of Colclough Lane. The large building on the left was the Globe Inn, now a veterinary surgery, behind is the spire of St John's Church, and ...

Great Britain, 277 Newcastle Street, Middleport

The Great Britain public house is on the end of a terraced row. It was constructed between 1832 and 1878 and had an outhouse added between 1900 and 1924. It has two storeys and an L-shaped plan, two rooms ...

Great Eastern, 243 Newcastle Street, Middleport, Burslem

The Great Eastern public house was constructed between 1878 and 1900. The ground floor has two leaded windows with coloured glass reading 'Parker Ales'. Newcastle Street was known as Castle Street until ...

Greyhound, Manor Court Street, Penkhull

This public house consists of two storeys, a cellar and backyard. It was constructed between 1832 and 1878 with a later one storey extension at the rear. Original outbuildings have been destroyed. Remembering ...

Hilderstone Road, Meir Heath. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of the Windmill Inn public house. Taken at Hilderstone Road, Meir Heath, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Hill Street, Stoke upon Trent.

A view north west up Hill Street from Campbell Place. At the top is Honeywall. The Essoldo Cinema is visible on the right. Formerlty The Danilo, the 1800 seat cinema dates from 1939. The building was ...

Hot Lane, Burslem

5 Hot Lane, Burslem. Originally this two storey building was built as a public house called The Dog and Partridge. Today its function is that of a scout hut. The ground floor has two large beaded windows ...

Huntsman, 13 Westport Road, Burslem

The Huntsman public house stands on Westport Road in Burslem, formerly known as Liverpool Road until 1878, and previously to that called Hill Street. The datestone shows that this building was constructed ...

Jolly Carter, 197 Newcastle Street, Burslem

The Jolly Carter public house at 197 Newcastle Street is part of the same structure as numbers 193 and 195. It has two storeys, two rooms wide by two rooms deep plus two modern rear projections. There ...

Jolly Potters Public House, Hartshill Road, Hartshill

This is a plan of the Jolly Potters pub in Hartshill, Stoke. the plans show the pub as it was in 1910. The Jolly Potters is still trading in Hartshill today. Diagrams (clockwise from top left): - Front ...

Kings Arms public house, Meir

Photograph taken after the pub had been rebuilt in the 1940s. The Kings Arms was demolished in 2009.

Kings Arms, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Kings Arms at Broadway roundabout, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Kings Head, Ford Green Road, Burslem

This two storey rectangular building occupies the corner of Livingstone Street. It is constructed in red flemish brickwork with a tiled hipped roof and has square chimney pots. The corner entrance has ...

Leek Road, Hanley

This was the view along Leek Road towards the Joiner's Square roundabout. Palmerston Street is going off to the right. The next road down is Westmill Street. The chimneys in the centre belonged to ...

Leigh. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Lower Leigh, Staffordshire. The scene includes a public house called the Railway Inn, a motor car, a workshop and worker.

Lightwood Road, Longton

Junction of Lightwood Road with The Strand and Trentham Road. Shows the Robin Hood public house.

Lightwood Road, Longton

Showing the Rose & Crown and Robin Hood public houses. Note the signs for Joules of Stone on the Robin Hood. Neither pub survives today.