Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 3 of 11 185 Records Found

Cheadle Road, Forsbrook

A view looking south-west along Cheadle Road in Forsbrook, towards Blythe Bridge. This photograph was taken from a point close to the junction with Chapel Street. Most of the buildings are (in 2014) ...

Church Lane, Ipstones. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Church Lane, Ipstones, Staffordshire. The Ipstones Branch shop of the Leek and Moorlands Co-operative Society is on the left.

Church Street, Stoke upon Trent

A view north along Church Street at the junction with Campbell Place (to the left). Sutherland Chambers, dated 1899, is the large building, with many chimneys, on the left next to the modern supermarket. ...

City Road from Manor Street, Fenton

The camera is looking westwards along City Road from Manor Street. The white building in the centre of the photograph is the Terrace Inn. On the right, the parade of shops date from around 1880 and belonged ...

City Road, Stoke upon Trent

A view from the corner of Oldmill Street east towards the railway bridge over City Road. The corner shop was an off licence and tobacconist. When City Road was widened, all the shops and terraced houses ...

Coal Strike, March 1912. Photographed by William Blake.

Photograph taken during the national coal strike of 1912. The strikers and their supporters are marching through The Strand, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. It was known as Stafford Street ...

Commerce Street, Longton

Photograph taken looking north. The street is partially demolished.

Commerce Street, Longton

Commerce Street in Longton in 1962. The Empire Theatre is in the centre on the corner of Chancery Lane with, on this side, the Commerce Works of Herbert Aynsley & Co. Next door to Aynsley's is John Tam's ...

Co-op Shop, Trent Valley Road, Oakhill

On either side of the buiding are stone plaques with a carved wreath design. The right plaque reads 'A.D.' and the left plaque reads the date '1919'. The large single storey building is attached to the ...

Cross Roads, Meir

This view is barely recognisable, and is now the site of the large roundabout which marks the junction of the A50 and A520. This photograph is looking north.

Deaville Road in the Townsend area of Bucknall

Looking south along Deaville Road from Werrington Road towards Langford Road. Apart from a few new houses on the right, the view is much the same as it was in 1964. Deaville Road and Langford Road were ...

Draycott-in-the-Moors. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene including a shop and country lane in Draycott-in-the Moors.

Drummond Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Drummond Street (Victoria Street until the 1950s) was just off High Street, Goldenhill. The area has been cleared of houses and is now occupied by the Goldenhill Community Hall. There is a date tablet ...

Duke of Wellington public house, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The Duke of Wellington public house stood on the corner of High Street and Garbett Street in Goldenhill. At the time of this photograph the licencees were George and Alice Bradbury and the pub was known ...

Excavation for Charles Street shopping centre, Hanley

Excavations and foundations for the shopping centre attached to the bus station along Charles Street and Old Hall Street in Hanley. The large building in the background is Webberley's book and stationery ...

Excavations for Hanley Shopping Centre

Excavations for the East and West Precincts of Hanley Shopping Centre. In the top right hand corner of the photograph is the corner of The Woodman public House on the corner of Old Hall Street and Goodson ...

Excavations for Hanley Shopping Centre

Excavations for the underground car park and West Precinct of Hanley Shopping Centre on Old Hall Street. Old Hall Street is behind and the camera is looking southwards towards the buildings on Birch ...

Flatts Road, Norton-in-the-Moors

The shop was Knypersley Road stores on the corner of Knypersley Road and The Flatts Road in Norton. It was a tobacconist, sweet shop and grocer with a fine selection of 1960s adverts. The houses and shop ...