Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 5 86 Records Found

St John's Church, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the east end of St John's Church on High Street, Goldenhill. St John The Evangelist was built in 1841 with the vicarage to the left of the photograph. A new parish was created around ...

St John's Church, Longton

St John the Baptist Church and churchyard in Longton. This was the view across the graveyard from Rutland Road. The old church founded in 1764, rebuilt in 1792 with the east end nearest the camera enlarged ...

St John's Church, Longton

St. John the Baptist Church was built in 1792-95, replacing an earlier building of 1761. The transepts and chancel were built in 1827-28. The church was demolished in 1979 due to mining subsidence.

St John's Vicarage, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view towards St John's Church vicarage from the graveyard at the rear of the church. St John The Evangelist church is just visible on the left hand edge of the photograph. To the right of the vicarage, ...

St Margaret's Mission Church, Victoria Road, Fenton Low

The mission church of St Margaret and St Anthony in St Anthony's Row off Victoria Road in Fenton. Behind is the spoil tip of Berry Hill Collieries. A small church was opened around 1896 as a mission ...

St Mathew's Church, Fenton

St Mathew's Church was in the wedge of land between Park Street (which is still called Park Street) and Park Road (now known as Fenpark Road) in Fenton. This is a view of the south side from Park Street. ...

St Matthew's Church, Fenton

The camera is looking eastwards with King Street off to the right and Park Road (now Fenpark Road) off to the left. St Matthew's Church is in the centre. Beyond the church is the Turner Memorial School. Sty ...

St Paul's Church, Burslem

The photograph shows the west face of St Paul's Church from Ellgreave Street. The church stood in Church Square, on the border of Burslem, Dalehall and Longport. Opened in 1830, it was a large stone Gothic ...

St Paul's Church, Dalehall, Burslem

The east end of St Paul's Church from near the bottom of Hall Street showing the extensive 3 acre churchyard. Ellgreave Street is hidden behind the church, to the left are Sant Street and Globe Street. ...

St Peter ad Vincula Church, Glebe Street, Stoke

This plan shows St.Peter ad Vincula church which is on of Stoke's main landmarks. It was built between 1826 and 1830 and is a fine example of gothic architecture. The building, as well as some of the ...

St Peter's Church, Caverswall

Monuments in the chancel. To the right is the monument of Countess St. Vincent . It was sculpted by Sir Francis Chantrey in 1818.

St Peter's Church, Stoke upon Trent

A view of the west end and tower of St Peter Ad Vincula (St Peter in Chains) from Glebe Street. The Gothic style church was built in the late 1820s and renovated in the 1880s. To the left of the photograph ...

St. Bartholomew's Church, Blurton

The west end of the church. The core of the church dates to 1626. It was restored and enlarged by Charles Lynam of Stoke on Trent in 1867.

St. Bartholomew's Church, Blurton

The south side of the church, taken from the road. The core of the church dates to 1626. It was restored and enlarged by Charles Lynam of Stoke on Trent in 1867.

St. Bartholomew's Church, Blurton

St Bartholomew's Church from just off Church Road in Blurton. The exact date of the church is uncertain, but it was in existence in 1577 although the present building is largely a 1620 and later rebuild. ...

St. Bartholomew's Church, Blurton

The east end of the church. The core of the church dates to 1626. It was restored and enlarged by Charles Lynam of Stoke on Trent in 1867.

St. James Church, Longton

St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson at a cost of £10,000.

St. James's Church, Longton

Photograph taken from Normacot Road, looking North-West. St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson at a cost of £10,000.