Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 5 78 Records Found

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south towards Stoke Station from the up side platform at Etruria Station. The tank engine is on the down line heading towards Kidsgrove. To the right is Twyford's Etruria Works and ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The view from Etruria Station looking south along the up line. On the left are the gas holders of Etruria gasworks. The train of tankers is heading towards Stoke. Etruria Station opened in 1848 by ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south from the down side platform along the down line towards Stoke Station. Etruria Station was opened in 1848, extended with the coming of the Loop Line in the 1870s and finally ...

Fenton Manor marlpit, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking southwest over the marl pit towards Boothen. On the extreme right hand edge of the photograph are two of the floodlight pylons at the old Stoke City Victoria ground. ...

Fenton Manor Station, Fenton

Fenton Manor Station was on the old Biddulph Valley line and Leek branch of North Staffordshire Railway. The station was on Manor Street (then named Albert Street), just off Victoria Road. The line passes ...

Fenton Station

This photograph was taken from Fenton Station looking east towards Longton. Opened in 1864 as part of the North Staffordshire Railway's line between Stoke and Derby. The station was closed in 1961 and ...

Fowlea Brook, Longbridge Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

The view south from the bridge over the Fowlea Brook just north of Longport Station. At this point the Stoke on Trent City boundary runs along the brook: to the right is Newcastle under Lyme. On the ...

Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Two motorcars pass each other under Glebe Street bridge as a goods wagon belonging to the London Midland and Scottish Railway passes over them. The high wall on the right belonged to Stoke railway station’s ...

Hanley Station

The booking and parcels office of Hanley railway station stood on what became the car park of the Grand Hotel on Trinity Street. The platforms were in a deep, sharply curved cutting below Trinity Street, ...

Hanley Station

The main entrance and booking hall of Hanley Station on the Potteries Loop Line. This photograph was taken from just outside the Grand Hotel in Trinity Street. The line is in a deep cutting below the ...

Hanley Station

Hanley Station was just north of Trinity Street, alongside the old Grand Hotel. This the second Hanley Station, built when the loop line was extended to Burslem in 1873. The first was just south of Trinity ...

Hanley Station

Hanley station was on a sharp curve in a deep cutting just below Trinity Street, opposite the Grand Hotel. This is the view looking westwards along the line to Etruria. This was the second station ...

Hartshill railway station, Stoke-on-Trent

A photograph taken from a wagon in the siding at Hartshill and Basford Halt. The camera is looking west towards the mouth of the tunnel taking the line to Newcastle. The station, opened in 1905, was on ...

Level crossing on the Birches Head Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Level Crossing and crossing house at Birches Head Road on the Biddulph Vlalley/Stoke to Leek branch line. The camera is looking south. Birches Head road was known as Horse Lane until the 1920s. The Caldon ...

Longport Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Longport Station was opened by the North Staffordshire Railway in 1848 but was named Burslem station. It became Longport in 1873 when Burslem station on the Loop Line opened. This is the view north from ...

Longton Railway Bridge

Photograph taken looking from King Street towards Times Square.

Longton Railway Station and Bridge

This photograph was taken from Times Square, looking towards Longton railway Station and the bridge over King Street. The station was built on an embankment with a cantilever bridge carrying the line ...

Longton Station

The Phoenix Pottery Works seen from the platform of Longton Station, looking west towards Fenton. Phoenix Pottery was operated by Thomas Forester, specialising in majolica, from the 1880s. The chimney ...