Theme Explorer

Start Again > Agriculture & Countryside > Farming > Farm Houses & Farm Yards
Page 2 of 3 52 Records Found

Fenton Park Road, Fenton

In the background is Park Farm, Park Farm Cottage, and the White House. In the foreground are workshops etc connected to the farm. All of these buildings are substantially intact in 2020.

Fenton Park, Fenton

These cottages at Fenton Park were built to house employees of a nearby colliery. They are still standing and occupied. (2020).

Fir Tree Farm, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The farmhouse and outbuildings at Fir Tree Farm just off Whitfield Road in Ball Green. The stone house and cottage in the centre of the photograph date from the early 17th century and are grade II listed ...

Fir Tree Farm, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent

Fir Tree farmhouse is just south of Whitfield Road in Ball Green. The farmhouse and it adjoining cottage date from the early 17th century and are grade II listed buildings. A farm has probably been on ...

Ford Green Farm Cottage, Ford Green Road, Spragg House Lane

This detached three storey farm house is built in red brick and was constructed before 1832. It has a pitched and tiled roof with two raised brick chimney stacks. The single sash windows have plain stone ...

Ford Green Hall, Stoke-on-Trent

Ford Green Hall dates from the 17th century and was originally a timber framed yeoman farmer's house belonging to the Ford family, who farmed 36 acres. Today the house is a museum and surrounded by period ...

Ford Green Hall, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the front and east side of Ford Green Hall, a 17th century timber framed farmhouse with a brick wing, now a museum. The house was built in 1624 for the Ford family, local farmers, ...

Furnace Farm, Fenton Park, Fenton

Furnace Farm was also known as Bailey's Farm and was on a lane that lead northwards off Fenpark Road. The name comes from nearby old iron furnaces. the two outbuildings on the right are thought to have ...

Furnace Farm, Fenton Park, Fenton

Furnace Farm was also known as Bailey's Farm and was on a lane that lead northwards off Fenpark Road. The name comes from nearby old iron furnaces. the two outbuildings on the right are thought to have ...

Goldenhill Farm, Fenton

Goldenhill Farm was on the west side of Goldenhill Road, sandwiched between Ludbrook Road to the north and The Old Penny public house to the south. The house in the centre of the photograph was originally ...

Greenhill Farm, Fenton Park, Fenton

Greenhill Farm was one of many in the Fenton Park area which had links with ironstone mining. Behind the farm buildings are the remains of an ancient ironstone mining hearth. The buildings have been demolished. ...

Greenway Hall and farm buildings, Stoke-on-Trent

A view of the north side of Greenway Hall and its farm buildings. The lane leads to Greenway Hall Road. The buildings have been redeveloped. Some parts of the hall were built using recycled masonry from ...

Houghwood Bottom Farm, Stanley Road, Stanley

A view of Houghwood Bottom farmhouse from Stanley Road. The house is built from local gritstone. At the end of the 19th century Houghwood Bottom Farm was 22½ acres (approx. 9 hectares) and owned ...

House on Clanway Lane, Tunstall

The house in the photograph stood on Clanway Lane, now Adams Avenue in Newfield, Tunstall. In the background are the workings of Clanway Brickworks, adjacent to Clanway Farm. They were part of the Berry ...

Knowl Wall Farm, Swynnerton

This photograph of Knowl Wall farm appeared in the Sutherland Estate Sale catalogue, October 21st 1919. At the time the tenant was Mr S V Prestwood.

Lane Ends Farm and Victoria Colliery tip, Packmoor, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking roughly north east from Lane Ends Farm at the end of Handley Street, near Packmoor. The spoil tip on the right belonged to Victoria (Black Bull) Colliery. The colliery operated between ...

Lawn Farm, Berry Hill, Stoke-on-Trent

The farmhouse at LWN farm with Mossfields Colliery spoil tip in the background. This farm is close to the medieval (13th or 14th Century) moated farm or manor house, a short distance to the east. The ...

Lester's Farm, Normacot

Mill House Farm, Watery Lane was also known as Lester's Farm after the family which lived there. Note the hay cart.