Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 10 179 Records Found

Caroline Street, Longton

This is a view north east along Caroline Street in Longton from close to the railway bridge. The Belstaff clothing factory is on both sides of the street just beyond The Roebuck public house (No 5 Caroline ...

Caroline Street, Longton

This is a view north east along Caroline Street. At the top end lies the junction with Upper Cross Street and Anchor Passage with The Miners' Rest public house (a Parker's Ales inn) just visible on the ...

Christchurch Street and City Road, Fenton

The Royal Oak pub can be seen in the distance.

City Road and Christchurch Street junction, Fenton

This photograph was taken from Manor Road looking towards Christchurch Street. Opposite the District Bank building is the Royal Oak Inn. On this side on the corner of Manor Street was Fenton Working Man's ...

City Road from Manor Street, Fenton

The camera is looking westwards along City Road from Manor Street. The white building in the centre of the photograph is the Terrace Inn. On the right, the parade of shops date from around 1880 and belonged ...

Commercial Inn, 171 London Road, Stoke

The original part of this public house dates from between 1848 and 1878. There have been two later extensions from 1878-1900 and 1912-1924. The ground floor has a door with stone surround and a rectangular ...

Cookshill Corner, Caverswall. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Cookshill Corner, Caverswall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The photograph includes a group of people standing outside the Auctioneer's Arms public house. The picture was taken looking ...

Copeland Arms Hotel, Copeland Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Copeland Street looking towards Liverpool Road. The bridge crosses the Newcastle branch canal and the building between the stationers and the canal was the police station. Hill and Ainsworth’s bookshop ...

Cyples Lane, Longton.

Market Street and the Heathcote Arms public house can be seen at the far end of the lane.

Demolition of building, Longton

Adams' new buildings being demolished near the Wheat Sheaf Inn (No. 64, Normacot Road). St. James's School is in the distance.

Duke of Bridgewater, Station Street, Burslem

The Duke of Bridgwater was constructed before 1832 and stands on Station Street in Burslem. It is a three storey building, three rooms wide by two rooms deep. The ground floor has two windows with decorative ...

Duke of Wellington, 61 Endon Road, Norton Green

This public house dates back to before 1843 and was originally three rooms wide by two rooms deep but now has modern extensions attached. It stands on Endon Road which was formerly known as Leek Road.

Duke William, St. John's Square, Burslem

This public house is an irregular corner structure in St. John's Square, Burslem. It was constructed during the 1830's. The door and porch on the ground floor have three stone steps and decorative stone ...

E. Wainwright, Kerr Street, Fenton

E Wainwright & Sons were printers, bookbinders and stationers on Old Whieldon Road near Stoke Basin. Their factory was on the corner of Kerr Street (previously known as Talbot Street) and Old Whieldon ...

Ford Green Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Ford Green Road, looking north east from near Smallthorne roundabouts. The building on the left hand side of Ford Green Road in the centre of the photograph is the Methodist New Connexion Chapel. The ...

Ford Green Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east along Ford Green Road from near the junction with Chetwynd Street (on the right). Ford Green station, on the Biddulph Vallley branch, is just to the left of the level crossing gates ...

Forresters Arms, Ford Green Road, Burslem

This is an Ansells public house. The irregular shaped two storey building has a rear projection and cellar and is constucted in red flemish bond with a tiled roof and stack. The main entrance is a large ...

Furlong Tile Works, Newport Lane, Middleport

The Furlong Tile Works was on the east side of Newport Lane just before the junction with Furlong Lane. Just beyond the works is the White Swan public house which was originally two small houses until ...