Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 19 341 Records Found

Black Bull station and Victoria Colliery aerial ropeway, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Black Bull Station was just north of Brindley Ford on the Biddulph Valley line, opened in 1860. The station opened in 1864 but the line was used mainly for coal and iron stone and passenger numbers were ...

Black Bull Station and Victoria Colliery, Brindley Ford

This is a view looking north from Bull Lane towards Victoria Colliery. Black Bull station buildings can be seen on the right hand side. The station was on the now dismantled Biddulph Valley Branch. On ...

Blurton Road and the Cockster Brook Bridge, Blurton

This is the view north along Blurton Road from Poplar Drive. In the centre of the photograph is the bridge that carries the road over the Cockster Brook (also known as the Longton Brook). The brook starts ...

Bog Lane bridge, Lightwood, Longton

Photograph taken from the south-west, looking towards Longton. Bog Lane was later known as Woodpark Lane.

Book Illustration entitled "View of The Potteries." Photographed by William Blake c. 1900-1940

Photograph of a book illustration entitled "View of the Potteries." This image is used elsewhere in the collection for a presentation by Blake entitled “Staffordshire Pottery.” A small folder containing ...

Boote's Ceramic Tiles Ltd, High Street, Tunstall

T & R Boote's ceramic tile works was on High Street to the north of Tunstall town centre. In the distance is the bell tower and spire of Christ Church. The spire has since been removed. The company ...

Bosley station

Bosley Station, Cheshire, pictured around 1963 and still in use. Note the Ford Anglia saloon car, the equivalent of a Ford Ka today! A semaphore railway signal stands to the left of the building. This ...

Brickhouse Street, Burslem

The photograph shows the narrow alleyway at the Market Place end of Brickhouse Street, which connects Queen Street with Market Place in Burslem. It runs alongside the Wedgwood Institute. The Bookmaker's ...

Bridge over the River Churnet

Two smartly-dressed Edwardian men pose on a bridge spanning the River Churnet. The walkway appears to be supported by a sturdy tree trunk spanning the two river banks. As the river is prone to flooding, ...

British Anchor Pottery, Longton

The rear of the Anchor Pottery seen from near Longton Police Station, just a little way east of Longton Station. At least one of the two bottle ovens was still in use. The Stoke to Derby railway line ...

British Anchor Pottery, Longton

British Anchor Pottery Co. on Anchor Road from the corner of Bathurst Street (Bath Street until the 1950s) on the left. The camera is looking south along Anchor Road with the railway bridge, carrying ...

British Waterways Depot, Burslem Branch Canal, Burslem

British Waterways was the authority responsible for maintaining the majority of canals in the United Kingdom. Formed in 1962 it became the Canal & River Trust in 2012. This depot was at the far end of ...

Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Broadway roundabout at Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The King's Arms public house is to the left of the picture and a double decker bus can be seen coming round the ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and ...

Bucknall and Northwood Station

Bucknall and Northwood Station looking south along the line towards the next station at Fenton Manor. In the distance is Berry Hill spoil tip. The station was at the bottom of Limekiln Bank and the ...

Bucknall and Northwood Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Opened in 1864, Bucknall & Northwood Station was on the North Staffordshire Railway's Biddulph Valley branch line. Trains also ran between Stoke and Leek, with a line branching off at Milton Junction. ...

Bucknall Road bridge over the River Trent, Hanley

A view east from the old stone bridge which carries Bucknall Road over the River Trent. Just beyond is the threeway junction of Werrington Road (left), Ruxley Road (centre) and Dividy Lane (right). The ...