Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Stately Homes & Large Country Houses
Page 2 of 5 86 Records Found

Demolition of Longton Hall

The demolition of the facade. Longton Hall was rebuilt in a grand country house style in the 1770s. The Hall belonged to the Foley family, Lords of the Manor in Longton from the 17th century until ...

Demolition of Longton Hall

Photograph taken during demolition. Longton Hall was rebuilt in a grand country house style in the 1770s. The Hall belonged to the Foley family, Lords of the Manor in Longton from the 17th century ...

Demolition of Longton Hall

Photograph taken during demolition. Longton Hall was rebuilt in a grand country house style in the 1770s. The Hall belonged to the Foley family, Lords of the Manor in Longton from the 17th century ...

Demolition of Longton Hall

Photograph taken during demolition. Longton Hall was rebuilt in a grand country house style in the 1770s. The Hall belonged to the Foley family, Lords of the Manor in Longton from the 17th century ...

Driveway at Highcroft, Rough Close

A member of the Barlow family, possibly Sydney Harvey Barlow, standing outside his home, Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William Blake of Longton for the ...

Driveway at Highcroft, Rough Close

View of the rear driveway. A member of the Barlow family, possibly Sydney Harvey Barlow, standing outside his home, Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William ...

Essex Bridge. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Essex Bridge spanning the River Trent at Great Haywood, Staffordshire. The bridge was originally called Shugborough Bridge.

Etruria Hall

The front elevation of Etruria Hall. The central part of the building was built between 1768 and 1771 for Josiah Wedgwood and his family. From his office Wedgwood could look over towards the Trent & Mersey ...

Etruria Hall

The view northwards from the Trent & Mersey Canal with Etruria Hall in the centre and Shelton Steel works to the left. Behind the hall are the spoil heaps of Shelton and Racecourse Collieries. This photograph ...

Garages at Highcroft, Rough Close

Photograph of the garage at Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William Blake of Longton for the Barlow family in the 1930s.

Gardeners at Highcroft, Rough Close

Tending to the gardens at Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William Blake of Longton for the Barlow family in the 1930s.

Gardens at Alton Towers

Stereoscope slide containing a view of Alton Towers and formal gardens. Originally home to the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury, Alton Towers has been developed into one of Europe's best known theme ...

Gardens at Highcroft, Rough Close

Garden scene taken at Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William Blake of Longton for the Barlow family in the 1930s.

Gardens at Highcroft, Rough Close

A member of the Barlow family, possibly Sydney Harvey Barlow, tending gardens at his home, Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William Blake of Longton for the ...

Gardens at Highcroft, Rough Close

A member of the Barlow family, possibly Sydney Harvey Barlow, tending the garden at his home, Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William Blake of Longton for ...

Gardens at Highcroft, Rough Close

Possibly Sydney Harvey Barlow, sweeping paths outside his home, Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William Blake of Longton for the Barlow family in the 1930s....

Gardens at Highcroft, Rough Close

A member of the Barlow family, possibly Sydney Harvey Barlow, standing in the gardens at his home, Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close. We think the photograph was taken by William Blake of Longton ...

Heybridge, Lower Tean

Samuel Philips (d.1824) bought Heybridge in about 1813 and greatly extended an existing stone built farmhouse. Samuel was part of the J. & N. Phillips textile business who owned nearby Tean Hall Mills. ...