Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 27 474 Records Found

Bethesda New Connexion Methodist Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel is an example of a large 19th-century town chapel. The building, which dates largely from 1819, was constructed by newly emerging the Methodist New Connexion on the site of an earlier ...

Bethesda Schoolrooms, Hanley

The photograph shows the western end of Alexander House, the former Methodist Sunday School of the neighbouring Bethesda Chapel. The gable end has a tablet in the pediment "Bethesda School, erected MDCCCXIX ...

Birch Terrace Synagogue, Hanley.

The building dates back to the 1920s when the Jewish community bought a private boys' school and an adjoining stone mason's yard in Birch Terrace as the site for their first synagogue in Hanley. In 2004 ...

Bishop's Palace, St. David's, Pembrokeshire

A view of the Bishop's Palace at St. David's, Pembrokeshire. Photographed by William Blake of Longton.

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

View of St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

View of St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Winter view of St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton War Memorial. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the war memorial outside St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton. St Bartholomew's Church, west end around 1910.

Copyright: Stoke on Trent City Archives

Blurton. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of St. Bartholomew's Church and the war memorial. The church is situated on Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Boote's Ceramic Tiles Ltd, High Street, Tunstall

T & R Boote's ceramic tile works was on High Street to the north of Tunstall town centre. In the distance is the bell tower and spire of Christ Church. The spire has since been removed. The company ...

Bottle ovens from Adkins Street, Burslem

The photograph was taken from the rear of Adkins Street and shows the ovens of the Britannia Pottery of A G Richardson. The square building on the left hand edge, with the square chimney in the centre ...

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Brakespeare Street chapel and infants' school, Goldenhill

A Roman Catholic school-chapel was built in Brakespeare Street, then called John Street, in1871, with extensions in the 1880s. Garbett Street (then called Church Street) is at the far end. The building ...

Brocton. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Brocton, Staffordshire. The building on the left is Brocton Mission Hall.

Bucknall Parish Church Hall, Werrington Road, Bucknall

The old church hall has been renamed the Marychurch Centre and is also the Parish Office. Built between the late 1950s and the early 60s, the hall stands on the north side of Werrington Road. It is the ...

Burslem from St Paul's Churchyard

The camera is looking eastwards from St Paul's Churchyard towards the centre of Burslem. Hall Street runs away from the centre of the picture towards the tower of St Joseph's Catholic Church. The cluster ...