Theme Explorer

Page 12 of 12 216 Records Found

The New Post Office, Station Road, Stoke upon Trent

This view along Station Road from near the Leek Road corner shows the New Post Office, built in 1930. It now forms part of Stoke railway station, the main entrance to which is just beyond. Further along ...

The Old School, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Brindley Ford First School on the A527 (Outclough Road). The tablet on then centre gable reads Wolstanton School Board AD1885. The school as closed in the 1980s but the building (now called The Old School) ...

The site of the old Victoria Colliery, Bucknall

This photograph was taken from the end of Hyndley close looking east towards Willeton Street and Malthouse Lane. In the foreground are twop rows of back to back council built garages, erected in the 1950s. ...

The view from near Mill Hill in Little Chell Lane, Little Chell

The camera is looking northwards from near the top of Little Chell Lane. In the foreground is Blessed William Southerne Roman Catholic Secondary School, opened in 1957. This became St Margaret Ward ...

The Village Cross, Sheen. Photographed by William Blake.

Sheen village cross dates from the 15th century but only the top stone of the base appears to be old. The village school can be seen behind.

The Wedgwood Institute, Queen Street, Burslem

This photograph shows the Wedgwood Institute on Queen Street in Burslem. The Institute is built on the site of the Brick House Works operated by Wedgwood from 1763 to 1772 and was opened in April 1869. ...

The Wedgwood Institute, Queen Street, Burslem

This photograph shows the corner of the Wedgwood Institute on Queen Street and Clayhanger Street in Burslem. The institute is built on the site of the Brick House Works operated by Wedgwood from 1763 ...

Thistley Hough School, Penkhull

The Art Deco buildings of Thistley Hough School seen from the corner of Newcastle Lane and Thistley Hough. Opened in 1938 as a grammar school for girls, taking pupils from Longton Grammar School and Hanley ...

Townsend Infant's School, Bucknall

Townsend Infants' School was on a large piece of land at the junction of Eaves Lane and Werrington Road the photograph shows the nursery department. Opened in 1949, the school has been rebuilt as the ...

Trentside Middle and Infants School, 185 Endon Road, Norton Green

In the centre of the south face of this building are three gables, the middle gable with a plaque reading: 'Board School 1879'. The gables on either side have terracotta brickwork and mouldings.

Turner Memorial School, Fenpark Road, Fenton

This Turner memorial Church of England Infants, School opened in 1865. The photograph shows the new buildings of 1896. Taking young children under 10 years old only, the school was supported by the Allen ...

Turner Memorial School, Fenton

The Turner Memorial School, stood on the corner of Fenpark Road and Paynter Street. This building dates from the 1890s and the school was formerly China Street National School dating from the 1840s. ...

Upper Normacot Road and Meir Road, Normacot

Photograph taken at the junction of the two roads while road mending is in progress. Normacot National Schools are pictured.

Upper Normacot Road, Normacot

Looking south: Normacot Church of England School is on the left, the Church of Holy Evangelists on belgrave Road is ahead. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was designed by George ...

Victoria Falls, Africa Map. Photographed by William Blake.

Book illustrations and statistics containing information about Africa. The top page is entitled "A Bird's-Eye View of The Zambeze River and Victoria Falls." The bottom left page is a sketched map ...

Visit by pottery students to Berryhill brickworks

This picture was taken on Saturday 27th March 1926 during a visit by pottery students to the brickworks department of Berryhill Collieries Ltd. As you can see from the photograph many of the students ...

Webberley Lane, Longton

Photograph taken looking north-east up Webberley Lane. St. James's school, which became Tawney House, can be seen on the left.

Wellington Secondary School, Hanley

Wellington Road County Secondary School. The school started life as Wellington Council School around 1891. Reorganised as a secondary school in 1932. The buildings have become St Luke's Church of England ...