Theme Explorer

Page 12 of 13 218 Records Found

Trent & Mersey Canal at City Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north along the Trent & Mersey Canal at the City Road bridge. The wharf buildings (sometime the North Staffs Railway & Canal Company) on the left date from the 18th century. The photograph was ...

Trent & Mersey canal, Whieldon Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Although hardly used in the early 1960’s this image shows the canal in a good state of repair. Pleasure craft used this main trunk canal, as did anglers and other pleasure seekers. Royal Doulton’s, ...

Uncle Tom's Cabin, 81 Corporation Street, Stoke

The main body of the building was constructed between 1832 and 1848, but a further extension was added at the rear between 1912 and 1924.

Uttoxeter Road, Longton

The Old Smithy, the Old Castle Inn and Tart's shop can be seen.

Victoria Street (now Lockwood Street), Baddeley Green.

Looking west along Lockwood Street (formerly Victoria Street) from close to its junction with Baddeley Green Lane. In the distance, the square tower of Norton Church is the highest point visible. At ...

View towards Tunstall from the top of The Sytch, Burslem

The Sytch was the hill up to Burslem from Brownhills. The photograph is looking north east with Westport Road (formerly Liverpool Road) in the foreground. What is now Federation Road would be going off ...

War Memorial tablet, Hot Lane, Cobridge

This memorial tablet is built into the corner of what was previously The Dog and Partridge public house at the southern end of Hot Lane, Cobridge. The inscription reads: In the memory and honour of the ...

Wellington Inn (369), 369-375 London Road, Stoke

This terraced row of four buildings includes The Wellington Inn, shops and a domestic dwelling. Number 369, The Wellington Inn public house, is L-shaped, two storey building with one storey rear projections, ...

West End, 67 Lyndhurst Street, Burslem

The West End public house stands on the corner of Lyndhurst Street and Hall Street in Burslem. It is an L-shaped building, two rooms wide by three rooms deep. There is an enclosed yard to the rear of ...

Westport Road, Burslem

Looking from the top of Westport Road towards St John's Square, Burslem. The building on the left edge is the front of Hill Pottery, rebuilt in 1839 by Samuel Alcock. With its ornate front, it was described ...

Wetley Rocks. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Wetley Rocks, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Wetley Rocks. Photographed by William Blake.

Village view taken at The Avenue, Wetley Rocks, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Wheatsheaf Inn on High Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

An Inde Coope public house, the Wheatsheaf Inn was flanked on this side by Poole's hardware store selling everything for the house and DIY. On the other side is a mixture of grocers, sweet shop and tobacconist ...

White Hart, Ford Green Road, Burslem

This public house is an L-shaped building occupying the junction of Brierley Street and Ford Green Road. It is constructed in red flemish bond brickwork with a tiled roof. The chimney stacks have decorated ...

White Lion, 130 Honeywall, Penkhull

The front of this building dates to pre 1819 and the rear between 1878 and 1900. One of the outbuildings has been modified and two later extensions have been added. Remembering the White Lion Bernard ...

White Swan Inn, Newport Lane, Middleport

The photograph shows the White Swan Inn at 107 Newport Lane, Middleport where there has been an inn or beerhouse since the 1830s. This building was originally two modest semi-detached houses, which had ...

White Swan, 107 Newport Lane, Burslem

The White Swan public house is a two storey building, two rooms wide by two rooms deep. It also has a cellar and a two storey rear projection. It was constucted on Newport Lane between 1832 and 1851. ...

Working Mens Club, Leek New Road, Baddeley Green

This L-shaped two storey detatched house is completely cement rendered. All windows and doors are modern. It has been extensively modernised and extended.