Theme Explorer

Page 11 of 13 218 Records Found

The Talbot public house, Bradeley, Stoke-on-Trent

The Talbot is a public house on the corner of Unwin Street and Moorland View in Bradeley. On the extreme right hand edge of the photograph is the Co-Op grocery store, opened in 1921, now occupied by Harrisons ...

The Thurston Inn, Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent

The Thurston Inn stood on the corner of Thurston Way and Tiverton Road in Bentilee. The public house has been demolished and replaced with housing.

The Traveller's Rest, Cheadle. Photographed by William Blake.

The Traveller's Rest public house on Ashbourne Road, Cheadle. The long low building behind the pub was a rope walk.

The Trumpet Inn, Parliament Row, Hanley

The Trumpet stood in Parliament Row in Hanley. It was on one of the town's main streets together with other pubs and shops. There was a small ditty that people used to say when out drinking in the town ...

The Union Inn, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

The Union Inn stood on Hartshill Road, at the corner of Kingswell Road. Since the photograph was taken, the public house has changed names and functions (Gitana's and Nirvana). The houses visible behind ...

The Vine Inn and Vine Street, Hanley

Vine Street ran between Bethesda Street and Lichfield Street in Hanley. This is a view towards the Lichfield Street end. Vine Street and its buildings were demolished with the building of the Crown Court ...

The Vine Inn, London Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The Vine Inn stood at 270 London Road in Stoke. The early 19th Century building still stands, although no longer in use as a public house, surrounded by the West End Village development.

The Vine, 270 London Road, Stoke

Almost all of the original brick from this early 1800's building has been concealed under white paint and plaster. Many of the windows and doors have been bricked up and small outbuildings have been added ...

The Wedgwood, 262 Waterloo Road, Burslem

The Wedgwood public house was constructed between 1851 and 1878 with a rear extension added between 1912 and 1924. The front is east facing and shows a modern double door with decorative stone lintel, ...

The Werrington Hotel, Bucknall

Opened as the Werrington Hotel in 1939, later becoming the Pig and Whistle before being renamed The Werrington, this Ind Coope public house was demolished in the 1990s. To the left is Eaves Lane with ...

The West End, 415 London Road, Stoke

The West End public house stands on the corner where James Street meets London Road. It was constructed between 1848 and 1878. The main entrance has a set of double doors with glazed surround. The first ...

The Wheatsheaf Hotel, High Street, Tunstall

The Wheatsheaf stands on High Street, just north of the A50 roundabout. The hotel has a long history, appearing in early 19th century directories for Tunstall, but may be much earlier. The present High ...

The Wheatsheaf, Black Lake. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Wheatsheaf Inn, Hilderstone Road, Black Lake, Nr. Stone, Staffordshire.

The White Swan, 6 Elder Road, Burslem

This L-shaped, two storey public house is two rooms wide by two rooms deep. There is a decorated wooden panel above the ground floor windows with an ornate datestone reading '1912'.

Three Horse Shoes Inn, High Street, Tunstall

The Three Horse Shoes public house was on High Street, Tunstall between Madison Street (then called King Street) and Bank Street, and was a Joules pub. The building to its right was the registered office ...

Town Hall and Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This view along Glebe Street shows the buildings on the north side. On the right edge is the Glebe Hotel, still standing today as the Glebe public house ( a grade II listed building). Beyond Aqueduct ...

Traveller's Rest, 241 Newcastle Street, Middleport

The Traveller's Rest was constructed between 1878 and 1900. It is a two storey building, three rooms wide by two rooms deep. Newcastle Street was known as Castle Street until 1812.

Traveller's Rest, Leek Road, Milton

This two storey public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878 in the Milton area of Burslem. It is two rooms wide by two rooms deep. The roof is plain tiled with two brick chimney stacks. There are ...