Theme Explorer

Page 10 of 10 179 Records Found

Uttoxeter fruit market

This image captures the bustle of business at Uttoxeter fruit market in around 1920. Motor and horse-drawn vehicles laden with produce vie for the attention of busy shoppers in bowler hats and flat ...

Uttoxeter Road, Longton

The Old Smithy, the Old Castle Inn and Tart's shop can be seen.

Victoria Hotel, Stoke upon Trent

The Victoria Hotel stood on Fletcher Road at the junction with Campbell Road (in foreground) and Boothen Road (to right). The building became a large public house and then part of the premises for Changes ...

War Memorial tablet, Hot Lane, Cobridge

This memorial tablet is built into the corner of what was previously The Dog and Partridge public house at the southern end of Hot Lane, Cobridge. The inscription reads: In the memory and honour of the ...

Wellington Inn (369), 369-375 London Road, Stoke

This terraced row of four buildings includes The Wellington Inn, shops and a domestic dwelling. Number 369, The Wellington Inn public house, is L-shaped, two storey building with one storey rear projections, ...

West End, 67 Lyndhurst Street, Burslem

The West End public house stands on the corner of Lyndhurst Street and Hall Street in Burslem. It is an L-shaped building, two rooms wide by three rooms deep. There is an enclosed yard to the rear of ...

Westport Road, Burslem

Looking from the top of Westport Road towards St John's Square, Burslem. The building on the left edge is the front of Hill Pottery, rebuilt in 1839 by Samuel Alcock. With its ornate front, it was described ...

Wetley Rocks. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Wetley Rocks, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Wetley Rocks. Photographed by William Blake.

Village view taken at The Avenue, Wetley Rocks, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Wheatsheaf Inn on High Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

An Inde Coope public house, the Wheatsheaf Inn was flanked on this side by Poole's hardware store selling everything for the house and DIY. On the other side is a mixture of grocers, sweet shop and tobacconist ...

White Hart, Ford Green Road, Burslem

This public house is an L-shaped building occupying the junction of Brierley Street and Ford Green Road. It is constructed in red flemish bond brickwork with a tiled roof. The chimney stacks have decorated ...

White Lion, 130 Honeywall, Penkhull

The front of this building dates to pre 1819 and the rear between 1878 and 1900. One of the outbuildings has been modified and two later extensions have been added. Remembering the White Lion Bernard ...

White Swan Inn, Newport Lane, Middleport

The photograph shows the White Swan Inn at 107 Newport Lane, Middleport where there has been an inn or beerhouse since the 1830s. This building was originally two modest semi-detached houses, which had ...

White Swan, 107 Newport Lane, Burslem

The White Swan public house is a two storey building, two rooms wide by two rooms deep. It also has a cellar and a two storey rear projection. It was constucted on Newport Lane between 1832 and 1851. ...

Working Mens Club, Leek New Road, Baddeley Green

This L-shaped two storey detatched house is completely cement rendered. All windows and doors are modern. It has been extensively modernised and extended.

Ye Olde Crown, 10 Westport Road, Burslem

Ye Olde Crown public house stands on Westport Road in Burslem, formerly known as Liverpool Road until 1878, and previously to that called Hill Street. It is believed to have been constructed before 1812, ...

Ye Olde Red Lion. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Ipstones, Nr. Leek, Staffordshire. The picture includes a group of youngsters and "Ye Old Red Lion" public house.