Theme Explorer

Page 10 of 13 218 Records Found

The Old Wheat Sheaf Inn, Normacot Road, Longton

The Old Wheat Sheaf public house was demolished before the First World War. The later Wheat Sheaf Inn was built on the same site.

The Old Wheat Sheaf, Normacot Road, Longton

The Old Wheat Sheaf public house was demolished before the First World War. The later Wheat Sheaf Inn was built on the same site.

The Potteries Loop Line between Hanley and Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking west from the Josiah Wedgwood Street railway bridge along the Loop Line between Hanley and Etruria. This section of the Loop Line was opened in the early 1860s. The road ...

The Queens, 268 Waterloo Road, Burslem

The Queens public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878. The front has a central double door with stone step and gothic arched light, a stone architrave and a gothic stone arch. There is a large ...

The Raven, Sneyd Street, Burslem

The Raven public house was constructed between 1775 and 1799. It is a one unit, irregular plan building with side and rear projections and a cellar. There is a cobbled yard to the rear of the building ...

The rear of Cliff Vale public house 26-28 Shelton Old Road, Stoke on Trent

The Cliff Vale public house is believed to date to early 1800. The front of the pub still had some of the original features but all rear outbuildings seen here, were either modern or extensively altered. ...

The Red Lion Inn, Stoke-on-Trent

The Red Lion Inn stood on Church Street, near the southeastern corner of Stoke Minster Church yard. Carefully demolished, brick by brick, during the construction of the A500 Queensway, it was rebuilt ...

The Red Lion public house, Church Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the view along Church Street looking towards Stoke. The leafy area just beyond the inn is the corner of St Peter's Churchyard. In the distance are the shops on Church Street in Stoke. Bowstead ...

The Red Lion public house, Stoke-on-Trent

the Redd Lion stood onthe southeastern edge of St Peter's Churchyard in Stoke. This photograph was taken from Bowstead Street. The building was demolished in the 1970s and rebuilt at Crich Tramway Museum...

The Red Lion, Stoke-on-Trent

The Red Lion stood in the south-eastern corner of St Peter’s churchyard in Stoke. It was demolished in the early 1970’s to make way for the A500. The facade was taken down brick by brick and ...

The Roebuck Hotel, 16 Leek Road, Stoke

This public house was constructed between 1848 and 1857, but since the Historic Buildings Survey was completed in 1982, it has been demolished.

The Royal Oak Inn, Fenton

Standing on the corner of Christchurch Street (previously Church Street) and City Road in Fenton, the original public house dates back to at least 1810. The building in the photograph was demolished and ...

The Royal Oak Inn, Westport Road, Burslem.

The Royal Hotel was at the top end of Liverpool Road (renamed Westport Road). Closed, the building became part of Steventon's Royal Pottery. The top of a bottle oven is just peeking over the roof of the ...

The Sea Lion, Longton

The Sea Lion public house, at the corner of Chadwick Street and Normacot Road, Longton. Photograph taken from waste ground between Gower Street and Normacot Road.

The Sportsman Inn, Leek New Road, Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent

The Sportsman Inn is on the corner of Bunt's Lane and Leek New Road, just south of the canal bridge. Th inn was apparently an old coaching station on the Leek to Newcastle and Burslem turnpike road.

The Star Inn, Burslem

The Star Inn stood at the junction of Queen Street and William Clowes Street (right) in Burslem. At one time a public house then a hotel, reverting to a public house, the basic building has remained the ...

The Swan Hotel, Burslem

The Swan Hotel is on the north side of Swan Square in Burslem. Arnold Bennett called it the Duck inn in his novels of the Five Towns. Today it is a public house, called just The Swan. There was an inn ...

The Swan Public House, Ford Green Road, Burslem

A rectangular, two storey red flemish brick public house that lies on the corner of Regina Street. It has a modern tiled hipped roof with two stacks including square pots. The frontage has a dust brick ...