The Foley, King Street, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1962

Description:Four pottery industry firms at the Foley works in King Street. The Don Pottery Co produced china, earthenware, glass and fancies. Albert Machin produced tiles and W Perry produced china, earthenware, glass and fancies at the Art Pottery. The last factory belonged to China and Earthenware Millers Ltd. The works were on the north side of King Street, opposite Foley Place. This range was built around 1827 and was known as The Foley Works when operated by Goodwin, Stoddard & Co. The building was demolished in 1983.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/213-08 (204/39810)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.