Victoria Pottery, King Street, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1962

Description:This is a photograph of the interior courtyard at the Victoria Pottery just off King Street in Fenton. The works dates back to the early 1800s and had a number of operators before becoming the Victoria Porcelain company in 1949 and Victoria & Trentham Potteries in 1957. The works closed in 1960. The Victoria porcelain Company specialised in Willow Pattern ware and their successors in tea ware.
This photograph shows an enamel or muffle kiln in front of the workshops. Ware is fired here after decoration.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/212-07 (204/39561)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.